A few questions about my lift... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just installed a 2 inch TJM heavy lift with the Tiger adjustable shocks and love it but I have a couple of questions.

1. Do I need to drop the front and rear sway bars? And if so is it because it will hit?

2. Even if the sway bars hitting the axle is not an issue will installing the 2 inch spacers make for superior handling because you are returning the angles to stock?

3. I am running 295 Toyo Open Country AT2 Xtremes (awesome tires!), will I need to lower my bump stops to keep them from rubbing offroad?

Thanks guys!

I just installed a 2 inch TJM heavy lift with the Tiger adjustable shocks and love it but I have a couple of questions.

1. Do I need to drop the front and rear sway bars? And if so is it because it will hit?

2. Even if the sway bars hitting the axle is not an issue will installing the 2 inch spacers make for superior handling because you are returning the angles to stock?

3. I am running 295 Toyo Open Country AT2 Xtremes (awesome tires!), will I need to lower my bump stops to keep them from rubbing offroad?

Thanks guys!

I have the same height OME lift.

1) I haven't dropped mine. I've not looked @ them fully flexed to see if they hit or not. I'm curious if this is truly needed as well.

2) IDK. Good question.

3) I have the same awesome tires. I didn't lower mine & mine don't rub except for the little nipples, from the tire mold, on the inside of the rear fender. Once they're wore off there will be zero rubbing.

Thank you for your reply!
That's awesome that I will not rub. Now I am even happier that I went with 295's over 315's!
Lets hope my other questions get answered by a LC expert :)

Oh and another question: about how long will it take my springs to settle?

I'm no expert but I have the TJM 50mm lift (progressive rear, medium front) and gold shocks. Mine settled within a week or so of street driving and some ROUGH trail running. I love the setup, rides much better than stock and my 315s don't rub anywhere.

Good to know. Thank you. About how much will it settle?
And any idea about the benefits of dropping the sway bars?

For the sway bar, you need to lift the truck by the frame and let the axle fully drop and look and see if the sway bar is touching the front drive shaft. I just installed an ome heavy/medium lift and mine needed about 3/4" to clear. I just bought the 1 1/4" spacer that Hitit66 sells. I also noticed my rear sway bar was in a bind when the axle was dropped while on a lift, so I made drop brackets for it as well.

My sway bars don't hit anything with my current configuration, so for me no drop brackets were needed. I didn't measure before/after distances to see how much it settled, but I wouldn't guess any more than about half an inch. My stock springs were really sagged out, so it was a lot more than 50mm even after settling. I'd guess closer to 70 from where it was sitting before. I have a bit of stink bug when my rear springs aren't loaded down but I expected that since they are progressive and my fronts aren't. I have an arb bumper and winch with steel line so that's why I didn't go progressive in the front.

Usually you shouldn't need much more than coils and shocks for a 2" (we are limited on how big we go on wheels in Oz) not sure on wheels sizes issues, but alot of 80's with 33" over here with no issues as far as I know. Most after market sway bar extentions suit 4-6" lift. Post some pics of the sway bar angles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom