a few good club members (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FB_IMG_1572706940287.jpg

I would love to do this with a porsche cayman. Obviously the cost would be more, but I love the idea.

@tacoduck understood - when the lottohits, GT3 is first purchase.

Ok, I really appreciate the insights and ideas.

Next up is stuff that sits around and could easily be rented and never damaged.

- hitch haul - sitting 4 years
- 4 bike rack - sitting 2 years
- fishing rack - will sit every 12 months

Multiplied by 100M Americans = a ton of wasted assets

I am thinking some kind of rental program for these items and other stuff like this.

Thoughts/ideas/dude you crazy/etc.

Ok. I know this is crazy however bringing this back up.

I got a DDD - dedicated daily driver today - 1998 e300 turbo diesel with only 347k miles - and would like to share if anyone needs a ride to use. My 100 is being worked on and this share would start in April. The DDD or 100 will sit most days and I now have a carpool buddy to take turns driving to Durham so 2 vehicles could be sitting.

There has to be some way to rent older cars. Turo is only up to certain model years. I will continue to investigate.

979A586B-775E-4438-8322-E524C06D7132.jpeg

C6ED00A1-ED97-4050-8225-8CCE6523DD9F.jpeg

1A7D69A1-098D-497C-878F-5832B2CD91DB.jpeg

Want to add a FJ40 and some fun manual sports car and we can share for days. ;<)

I’m so bad with letting people play with my toys.
I’d go in on a cage buggy tho. That’d be cool.

I’m so bad with letting people play with my toys.
I’d go in on a cage buggy tho. That’d be cool.
LOL - Awesome. I understand. No one could ever use my mountain bike. The rest of all this stuff is fare game.

Cars are resources that are under utilized. Like electricity, wifi and cable when they sit all day not being used however you pay for it. The future will allow for using all that capacity all the time and people actually paying you. Blockchain will enable this with micro transactions and micro tracking.

The big companies will fight it tooth and nail however it is coming.

My friend just did Turo peer to peer car rental for an F150 for the week in colorado. 1000% easier than rental place. Dude gave him the code to the truck and parking space at the airport. Picked it up for $75 a day. No wait, no shuttle, no BS.

Last edited:
I like the idea of renting older cars, but they are inherently less reliable. How would you handle break downs? Not just a flat tire or dead battery that can be handled in an hour usually.

I also like the idea of rental racks and car top carriers and things like that. Looks like its being done in certain areas, albeit at a store.

I think a site where you could rent peer to peer would be neat. I'll get in on that with you.

Ooh, you got the very rare "Turbodiese" model. I hear those are extremely hard to come by and coveted by collectors!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom