A/C problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I just had a R12 to R134 conversion done a few days ago by a reputable shop and I went in my '84 FJ60, it blew cold as ice, 38.6 to be exact. I get in it this afternoon and it just blows hot fire in my face. I get under the hood and the AC comp. clutch is not engaging. I check the fuse and its fine, I jump the compressor to the battery and it engages. I have read a few threads and nothing is jumping out at me. I have a read a few things about the A/C amp, is there a way I can test that? And is there a relay under the dash or something that might have gone bad?

There's the infamous "blue box" under the dash on the passengers side that varies the compresser kick in relative to the motors RPM. Turn up for higher RPM engagement, down for lower RPM engagement. But befor you mess with it I'd head back to the shop and make sure you have enough R134A. There's also a low pressure switch in the compressor that won't let the compressor engage unless you have sufficent refrigerent. Since you just have the conversion completed I'd check that first.

Welcome and good luck.

Thanks! I ran by there today after a fundraiser but they were just shutting down, but I will definatly run it by Monday morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom