98 LX, steering wheel swap to wood? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Still arm deep in the locked up engine swap, but no time this week for any wrenching so I have been pondering this.. The current steering wheel is gross and has some sort of nasty cheap leather stitched cover applied to it. I really like the wood rim on the 00-02 LX's and I was surprised there weren't any threads covering this. I saw plenty about using Camry wheels... If I swap my airbag and cruise stalk over, is there any reason I can't put in a 00-02 wood rimmed wheel? Shifter too for that matter? I Really like the wood look.

I don't think there is a difference in the frame of the wheels from 98-2007 Lexus or T. Penalty is pretty low for trying. The wheels in good shape sell pretty easily.

I don't think there is a difference in the frame of the wheels from 98-2007 Lexus or T. Penalty is pretty low for trying. The wheels in good shape sell pretty easily.
Yeah I've looked on eBay and all I can find are wheels plus airbags from the middle east for stupid prices.

Yeah I've looked on eBay and all I can find are wheels plus airbags from the middle east for stupid prices.
They aren’t any cheaper without the airbag. Anything under $300-400 they need recovering anyway. Who knows what that runs if you don’t do it yourself. I imagine at least $200 to recover. Everything I’ve ordered from over there has been a good experience so far… they seem to have all the parts.

They aren’t any cheaper without the airbag. Anything under $300-400 they need recovering anyway. Who knows what that runs if you don’t do it yourself. I imagine at least $200 to recover. Everything I’ve ordered from over there has been a good experience so far… they seem to have all the parts.
Good to know. Don't know how they ship those intentional with the airbag, they have to gob surface freight I thought.

Another option are the Taiwanese wheels off of eBay:

But honestly I like the cheap Loncky stitch on covers better than the “knock off” wood wheels, and like my OE 06 wood/leather best of all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom