‘98 LC #36 fuse keeps popping (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MDK

Can’t dance
Threads
Hey there. Last night I turned on the cruiser and realized none of the cluster lights or taillights are working. I think, well it’s got 240k miles on a 22yo vehicle so that fuse just finally gave up the ghost. All is well! I’ll get a new one tomorrow.

Today rolls around, I pop the new 15A fuse in, and what do ya know... it blows again! Because I am not the sharpest tool in the shed - and a man of faith - I try a few more new fuses. All of them blow.

Ive never seen any moisture/condensation in the tail lights, checked to see if back up sensor on trans was rubbing somewhere but no cigar. Don’t know what could’ve suddenly caused this. This cruiser doesn’t have any electrical issues to note other than a worn on connection that will cause the lights on the doors to flicker, and the PRNDL lights next to shifter have a 50/50 chance of turning on. The norm stuff.

Of course this problem arises once snow has dumped on my driveway, making crawling around checking every connection on the transmission an absolute dream to accomplish. I’m no mechanic, please be gentle. What do you think is going on here?

49617C59-19D7-46C7-85C9-246B5BC45F4D.jpeg

Update: the passenger side turn signal light is staying on. Even the green arrow on the dash is turned on.

Even with the blown fuse? Front or rear?
So I read another thread loosely related to this issue and saw that they had success with the fuse not popping if the dimmer switch was cranked all the way down. This has prevented the fuse from blowing on me. I drove around a bit earlier and that’s when I noticed the turn signal light staying on. Going to crack open the taillight housing tomorrow and see if there’s a weird contact being made there. I just drove some more and it’s stayed off. Hm. Weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom