98-02 Driver Window Switch Bezel Solved! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I purchased my 1998 100 in pretty rough shape and one of the things it was missing was the window switch bezel. I didn't think it would be very expensive because it's just a little plastic piece, right...

Boy was I wrong. Selling on eBay for $400-600+ and they do still sell them from the dealership parts counter but they are also in the $450 range. Okay, how about parting out? Well, typically asking price is somewhere in that same ballpark and it seems to be one of the first things to go.

I got "smart" and figured I'd just buy the 03-07 piece since it goes for usually under $50 on eBay. After buying it, obviously, it isn't even close to fitting. Thinking again, What if I buy the actual switches for the 03-07? No go either- the plugs are different. Now my options remained: Go without or Spend $400+.

I wasn't happen with my choices. Since I already had the 03-07 piece, I figured I'd give it a go with my dremmel and see what I could make happen. Worst case scenario, I would be out $32 on a part that I couldn't return anyways.

I know there are several others in my situation because I saw many people requesting this piece on partout threads. I will put together some photos of where I cut so that if you are like me you can save a little coin too.

Before:

IMG_20180813_183633.jpg

After:
IMG_20180914_171919.jpg

Note--buttons missing when purchased. I plan on getting a new aftermarket switchboard for all of $16 and I will once again modify the buttons and holes to fit properly.

I should get my friend with a 3d printer to see what a possible printing option would be.

Had our vehicle tinted and they broke 2 of them (and admittedly I broke one as well)... so 3 of 4 are loose.
I also considered that route, I was thinking that making the CAD drawing would be fairly difficult (considering I've never used the program...)

If yours are loose, you might be able to just bend back the metal piece? I did this on my passenger side one and it tightened right up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom