97 80 Series Brake Bleeder (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have any experience with a pressure or vacuum brake bleeder that works on an 80 series ('97) ?
I've got all my parts to replace the brake hoses at the wheels and want to do a full flush when done.

Lots of options online and in stores. What works, what doesn't?

And what about triggering the ABS motor to ensure it gets new fluid and any air out?

Speed bleeders? Interesting, but I've read they don't work with vacuum bleeders or pressure bleeders as the pressure doesn't get high enough to open the check valve...

Anyone got something I might borrow for a few days?

Thanks all!!

Let me see if I can locate my spare foot......

Really tho, I think I have a Mighty Vac laying around. I'll dig it out and bring to the meeting tonight if you'll be there. In all actuality, I have found it easier and less fuss to just do it the old fashioned way.

Me: (To wife) Pump until I say stop and then hold it.
Wife: OK.
M: Pump. OK stop! Hold it down!
W: ...
M: Are you holding it down?!?!
W: Yes! Oh wait. Am I holding or pumping?
M: What?!?! Hold it down!
W: Wait, am I pumping? Did you say pump? I haven't pumped. How many times should I pump?
And so on and so on until it's bled. Easy peasy.

Coming to the meeting tonight?

On my ‘97 :p:hillbilly:

E46543C9-BCA2-4512-9003-A02360640DE6.png

RE: Coming to the meeting tonight?

Yep - planning on being there tonight...

I guess pumping the good ol' fashioned way does work and my wife seemed to volunteer to pump the pedal (which comes with the same dialog as you mentioned...). The relatively inexpensive speed bleeders (replacement bleeder valves with integral ball-spring check valves... about $25 for a set of 4) would seem to be a decent way to go as well and makes it a one person job.

RE: Coming to the meeting tonight?

Yep - planning on being there tonight...

I guess pumping the good ol' fashioned way does work and my wife seemed to volunteer to pump the pedal (which comes with the same dialog as you mentioned...). The relatively inexpensive speed bleeders (replacement bleeder valves with integral ball-spring check valves... about $25 for a set of 4) would seem to be a decent way to go as well and makes it a one person job.

Cool, I'll dig it out and bring it with me. The Mighty Vac, not a spare foot. I don't have any experience with speed bleeders. I've thought a time or two about trying them, just never have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom