93 FZJ80 Won't Start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
sites.google.com
I have owned this rig for 7 years and probably twice a year I have to clean the throttle plate using CRC intake cleaner to cure a high start up rpm. It always works.

It over-revs and then settles back to normal idle after a bunch of racket. Once I clean the plate it starts normally.

Tonight I followed the same routine. This time, after putting everything back together, it won't start. Cranks strong but acts like there is no fuel.
Any ideas? It was running fine before I messed with it.

work backwards.....check everything you touched. Once you're done with that, check others things that could have gone wrong.

Check to see if u have the coil out put lead connected to the distributor. Is the big corrugated air intake hose installed correctly and not cracked?

Its the "air flow sensor" according to my trusted mechanic. Is this the unit just down stream of the airbox? Looks brand new to me. I didn't touch it other than removing the large air hose.

I have used an oiled foam air filter from Amsoil for the entire time I've owned the vehicle. Maybe I should go to a paper filter to avoid any oil vapor getting into the air flow sensor. I am very careful not to over oil but this is something I have worried a bit about.

Its the "air flow sensor" according to my trusted mechanic. Is this the unit just down stream of the airbox? Looks brand new to me. I didn't touch it other than removing the large air hose.

I have used an oiled foam air filter from Amsoil for the entire time I've owned the vehicle. Maybe I should go to a paper filter to avoid any oil vapor getting into the air flow sensor. I am very careful not to over oil but this is something I have worried a bit about.

It's always something.

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom