91 lj78 Shocks. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All
Looking for some new shocks for my un-lifted lj78. Nothing fancy, a part # for NAPA Monro Reflex or somthing off the shelf like that.
Thanks.

Do you know if your springs are original? If they are, it's probably time to replace those, too. Consider a spring/shock package from one of the vendors that specialize in this vehicle. My $0.02

I went to Megazip and looked up the newest part numbers for the LJ77. This is the Euro version of our trucks that didn't have all the electronic BS (like electronic shocks).

These are the most up to date OEM Toyota numbers that came up:

Front: 48511-69316
Rear: 48531-69336

I input those to Partsouq, and it automatically crossed to a number of OEM and aftermarket shock part numbers. Most were in the $30-50USD each range. Seemed quite reasonable to me. Of course shipping will be on top of that. Some of those part numbers might be available in the US, not sure, you'd have to search around.

Personally I'd recommend the Old Man Emu Nitrocharger shocks though. They work fine at stock height and are tough as hell. I've been beating on mine for 8 years and counting; around 100,000km, and they still work great.

Front: N77
Rear: N79

I went to Megazip and looked up the newest part numbers for the LJ77. This is the Euro version of our trucks that didn't have all the electronic BS (like electronic shocks).

These are the most up to date OEM Toyota numbers that came up:

Front: 48511-69316
Rear: 48531-69336

I input those to Partsouq, and it automatically crossed to a number of OEM and aftermarket shock part numbers. Most were in the $30-50USD each range. Seemed quite reasonable to me. Of course shipping will be on top of that. Some of those part numbers might be available in the US, not sure, you'd have to search around.

Personally I'd recommend the Old Man Emu Nitrocharger shocks though. They work fine at stock height and are tough as hell. I've been beating on mine for 8 years and counting; around 100,000km, and they still work great.

Front: N77
Rear: N79
You have a link to where one could get these OME Nitrochargers for the KZJ78? Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom