For Sale 91-92 FJ80 Transmission and transfer case for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lelandEOD

SILVER Star
Threads
I recently bought a complete drive train from a T-boned FJ80 that was totaled by the insurance company and bought back by the owner. I only wanted the engine for my FJ40 and have no use for the transmission. I paid a pretty penny for this setup, as it was from a low-mileage truck (180,000 verified by the odometer on the dash, so take it for what it's worth) and am just trying to recoup some of my investment. I'm not an 80-series expert but I think this is an A440F (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).
The transmission is very clean externally and there are some signs that the transfer case was opened at some point (I can see some non-OEM RTV here and there. I obviously can't make any guarantees but the owner told me it was in tip-top shape; hence why he bought it back from the insurer. All harnesses and oil lines are intact but there is one pin connector that got crushed when I loaded it on the trailer ( I can take a photo if requested).

I'd obviously like to sell this thing local but am willing to help with freight logistics, if absolutely necessary.

I'm asking $550 OBO for the transmission and transfer case.

Last edited:
I recently bought a complete drive train from a T-boned FJ80 that was totaled by the insurance company and bought back by the owner. I only wanted the engine for my FJ40 and have no use for the trans/x-fer case, flex plate, and torque converter. I paid a pretty penny for this setup, as it was from a low-mileage truck (180,000 verified by the odometer on the dash, so take it for what it's worth) and am just trying to recoup some of my investment. I'm not an 80-series expert but I think this is an A440F (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).
The transmission is very clean externally and there are some signs that the transfer case was opened at some point (I can see some non-OEM RTV here and there. I obviously can't make any guarantees but the owner told me it was in tip-top shape; hence why he bought it back from the insurer. All harnesses and oil lines are intact but there is one pin connector that got crushed when I loaded it on the trailer ( I can take a photo if requested).

I'd obviously like to sell this thing local but am willing to help with freight logistics, if absolutely necessary.

I'm asking $750 OBO for the whole setup.

Do you still have it for sale? Where is it located and bottom dollar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom