91 2lte runs rough 1300-1700rpm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi new to the forum :D

Picked up my 91 surf about a month ago. Today I noticed it has developed an issue of running rough at the 1300-1700rpm range. Does it under load and no load. It does smoke while it's happening (when I figure out how upload a video I will).

Just wondering if anyone has a direction I can start looking
91 2lte 276xxxkms

Colour of smoke? I would probably set up an alternative fuel supply to isolate the problem.

Update : I was unable to make to make it again this morning ( hot or cold). Only thing different is I fueled it up. Was just above 1/4 tank.

Update : I was unable to make to make it again this morning ( hot or cold). Only thing different is I fueled it up. Was just above 1/4 tank.
Did yours also have little power, engine light on and no boast or anything. Mine did this at that Rpm. Just wondering if i had the same issue

Check your vacuum lines, as if they are leaking or disconnected it can starve the engine of air (emissions equipment won't work) and cause the issue you have. (your best option is to remove the EGR system and throttle plates in the venturi entirely).

Also, look for air leaks into your fuel system (or diesel leaks out), as air can also cause these sorts of problems. Check all soft fuel lines in the engine bay, look around injectors, look at primer pump also as they often leak at this age. Maybe look at injection pump for leaks too (same thing, they do leak with age).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom