8x Series V8 Swaps (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Whoops, I intended to specify that. I edited the post. It's on the driver's side inner fender under the brake master cylinder. A rubber line goes from here to the banjo on the fuel filter.
Not much help for your actual question, but this page shows how he adapted and the fittings used to do so.

GM engine swapped into 80series ✅
80series parts swapped into GM ✅

🤣

CB392329-C6A8-42A1-A682-779CFFEFA3C9.jpeg

7EFE8293-18A8-4E22-B727-BF0E33868044.jpeg

@cruisermatt have you seen this? There are adapters out there now.

The adapters are 1,300.

Yeah I have, pretty much zero interest since I can build a decent mild turbo setup for the cost of the adapters, and not have to mess around with belt drive changes and issues which in my opinion is way more annoying then building a hot-side

Yeah I have, pretty much zero interest since I can build a decent mild turbo setup for the cost of the adapters, and not have to mess around with belt drive changes and issues which in my opinion is way more annoying then building a hot-side

I agree to an extent, but I’m no fabricator. Not to that level anyway. And if I can’t do it myself it basically doesn’t happen. Haha. I do like “weird s***” and a Northstar blower on a LS motor in a Toyota is kinda passes for weird and I could make it clean.

There is tons of room for a turbo on the pass side and Hooker does make those turbo manifolds. (Don’t laugh)🤣

Problem with turbo (for me) is I’d want A/W intercooler brick between Holly intake halves and that starts to get $$ when you’re buying and not making yourself. Should have just put LSA blower on 3years ago when it was sitting on work bench. Oh well.

I agree to an extent, but I’m no fabricator. Not to that level anyway. And if I can’t do it myself it basically doesn’t happen. Haha. I do like “weird s***” and a Northstar blower on a LS motor in a Toyota is kinda passes for weird and I could make it clean.

There is tons of room for a turbo on the pass side and Hooker does make those turbo manifolds. (Don’t laugh)🤣

Problem with turbo (for me) is I’d want A/W intercooler brick between Holly intake halves and that starts to get $$ when you’re buying and not making yourself. Should have just put LSA blower on 3years ago when it was sitting on work bench. Oh well.

waste $3k on a Holley intake and A/W brick to only make 500whp in a Land cruiser :lol:

Is it possible to skip the adapter and go with a different transfer case? Sorry if this is a dumb question.
Or is it due to the location of the Tcase?
With the stock tcase you can reuse the stock driveshafts. The marks adapter also locates the engine and transmission on the crossmember.

Is it possible to skip the adapter and go with a different transfer case? Sorry if this is a dumb question.
Or is it due to the location of the Tcase?
Yeah, I've thought the same thing. A different t-case would have been Plan B. Gets expensive though - most domestic cases that would bolt up to the 8L90e easier are all passenger side front output drops which don't work with our rigs. Can always order an Atlas, but they're expensive and out a fair way for production times at the moment.

With the stock tcase you can reuse the stock driveshafts. The marks adapter also locates the engine and transmission on the crossmember.
Marks doesn't work with the 8 speed, unfortunately.

some use the FJ60 case.

Marks doesn't work with the 8 speed, unfortunately
Marks doesn't work with the 8 speed, unfortunately.
Did you buy that adapter? I mean if you did and you can’t use it. I’m just down the road...I think I found a LQ9. So I could make that happen. But then also part of me says can I do this swap without the adapter?

you mentioned atlas. Those guys are Spendy but is it really that much more for an Atlas vs the Marks adapter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom