8th Annual 100s in the Hills *July 12-17 Silverton, Colorado* (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This will make you pucker!!!

CFC01A8D-37BC-4B98-BF91-16E5A6C2ECAB.jpeg

6ED0919A-DCA2-487A-B33B-420A7F8D00FF.jpeg

Any chance there are some of the orange HIH6 and HIH7 windshield stickers floating around?

Windshield finally cracked today. No big loss since it's been wavy and microchipped all over since the day I bought it but I like seeing those little stickers from 6 and 7.

It's a little less mileage and would normally be a bit faster, but with the detour through Hartsel, I'm not sure. I can't speak for the other guys, but I simply prefer to avoid 70 when possible. I happen to think this is a pretty scenic drive too.

@brando1, To add to what @collk22 said: most of us Denver folks avoid I-70 throught the mountins at all costs because of the potiential for suprise biblical traffic jams. And 285 is much more senic than I-70.​

What time are you thinking of heading out? We have two small kids with us, so I'm not sure how well our timing will work.

The 285>9>24>285>50>550 route is the way we're planning on going too. I'm not going to commit to a caravan because I'm traveling with small kids so our schedule is going to be kind of determined by when they need breaks. My tentative plan is to leave Denver around 0500, stop in Salida for an hour or so to play at the park, then on to Montrose for a play stop and grocery shopping, then hoping to make it straight through to camp by mid afternoon.

We'll be in the green LC; sliders, roof rack, awning, gear on top. Honk and wave if you see me on the road.

@ted4whlz and @collk22, I'm aiming to take off at 5:30a/6:00a. The wife isn't making this trip, it's just me and a buddy, so we should make good time heading up. Also planning on stopping in Salida for a bite.

I'll honk and wave if I see you guys, for sure... Look out for me as well: Two dudes in an '02 river rock green LC, awning, bronze-ish tundra take-offs, snowboard rack.​

We ended up leaving a day earlier than we thought. Will be arriving Colorado tomorrow early afternoon. That gives us 4 nights before HIH. We were planning on 2-3 nights camping at Black Canyon of the Gunnison but now thinking we break into 2 different spots for 2 nights. Any suggestions between I-70 in Kansas and Gunnison. Maybe somewhere near Salida? Or anywhere else closer to Gunnison? Still plan on driving a few more hours tonight so should be within 5-6 hr drive of Gunnison area tomorrow. Already have a site reserved at Sand Dunes NP after HIH. Thanks!

Hmmmmm rules. Strong word. Haha. How about guidance?

Get your HIH8 sticker somewhere in view if you don’t want to keep them running down the windshield (totally understood).

Let’s say somewhere on drivers side, so maybe that back quarter panel window?

@bluecruiser what are the rules about last years stickers still being on the truck?

I'm still wearing mine, visible here at our awesome campsite outside Buena Vista!

View attachment 1739085

Sorry! We don’t get extras of those.

Any chance there are some of the orange HIH6 and HIH7 windshield stickers floating around?

Windshield finally cracked today. No big loss since it's been wavy and microchipped all over since the day I bought it but I like seeing those little stickers from 6 and 7.

Getting everything packed up today with the most beautiful girl in the world....my daughter managed to get in the picture as well.

JnuzPhdzkDZK7i0OXnWFh4sCykT7QsaQuGtji6ylosxxhxk1TmkhxY4TeiC5auyJsrysImqwOgF6DyCtreK7k6pTGBhxh4USGadnfWdmkbwHclKG_CRi96n9N52elm4iy76-LiV--vKhxPCaWmTtT9DKdjYRaEUNarQf1ttbUXdSp4jlAHGHa5HhU6IRcOmmbXZztBliMz-pwx1aMvXWBb1Z0u6yZh7BnIcSHwDa2GNUHxUmPdA2lgOA0CeGpW_p46OkG9JwwQYKrKgUW7PwSjNhs6r_nIEBUaZlFjOdV5ZYiXj58a3A6ngbzeFmW_CgNKDOLQIc9IeLNfL8v_dJkhRuY2ipGQNU4Iq0y0lv1IatWTpvfgraStcy8UAV3n16OHGVyGUNmyJWLZYL4NGYXGigaa8Jip61KmVtjffwOYqBgMNvkRHC18KTlJnuT9527C-LHlicdQiB-AF-vXjiSiIBZ119BX51at8SexL77vqgbj3cp-BnY_tKhkKZo-ixEtC_WVxrPadEwN1xygKPRLN1shOxojyDSLKf7rR5Ak_So2DyaYHo3VmhehxJmO-NxOTfGfxFsmBwHVpBEp3UXV6cNLpT8ipOtR1l2zF8=w1638-h1228-no

Oh, I stumbled on this today. If you are looking for a quick-fix overhead compartment, the Velcro on my YETI accessory stuck straight on to the liner fabric and holds tight! Had sunglasses, wallet, keys, kindle, phone, etc. in there and wasn't budging.

Geh4487Sn9TsIJN0OurY3ffTQDpMV9E7R77Qfm86MDsj8spArP58maApea55WRtywqvvWEVKb1wio9BqXudSkooGKfM82aGg0OOJSPFGKo4fyDDo2eB8J4pYLHRCwe2qf1NM8KSbN0WHMYDHgjkGhLLeIHK9CWvOshzS30VSaOCdcNKh6PCIEW72_QXGyDJFBgyWyge2XIvlBLFzCyR6mEzwbgL0F4PvKgFvG1J7yrRsJt6yFkZglS1O1EMBoTbiokZj0BDLXRwsiCrGyaDhnopoctQaE3hv7Be6PEhPGOUlLixgWTDa1FbW3dEczvB1o_rois8BzJAvutp3pRVtNz7F-H3K2pijXvyNQHHaq8oAMB4B_-Ky7WLX-sOOyfIBMRrQgUOgbWFhMlgYMGbqpvmAbzoP-isKZ1CeMviK1gSvaJnN5uQMzXuXeZSWDcQdwlL3jx-6g9kuhRdCZLPBr-oPz1Dq8zDi9QKi2T1XuNs-tqyR6WPgZVRo3oU2jSBLqrX_L3aHi6VQS_YHTZzkkvuA-7QQRpdjgm-wY9eZqFWeyUjMCpB1OTbkF8FiK_p1RwsIlDt7gLRuNkefz5SySZgEwCsvYC2pami_Ttoj=w1638-h1228-no

We ended up leaving a day earlier than we thought. Will be arriving Colorado tomorrow early afternoon. That gives us 4 nights before HIH. We were planning on 2-3 nights camping at Black Canyon of the Gunnison but now thinking we break into 2 different spots for 2 nights. Any suggestions between I-70 in Kansas and Gunnison. Maybe somewhere near Salida? Or anywhere else closer to Gunnison? Still plan on driving a few more hours tonight so should be within 5-6 hr drive of Gunnison area tomorrow. Already have a site reserved at Sand Dunes NP after HIH. Thanks!

PM me your email. We camped up that way last year i have some GPS locations that are legit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom