craigslist 88 reg cab 4x4 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not particularly rare, and even if it was, rare doesn't mean valuable. The 3.slow motor is a negative, even if it's had it's head gaskets done (had one just like it). Clean, but overpriced ... Get the 22RE if you want a mini.

I respectfully disagree about the 3VZE. I am a fan. They are very reliable once the head gaskets are taken care of.

I do agree that it is over-priced. I think $4,000 would be a better starting price. Nice truck, though.

I respectfully disagree about the 3VZE. I am a fan. They are very reliable once the head gaskets are taken care of.

I do agree that it is over-priced. I think $4,000 would be a better starting price. Nice truck, though.

Reliable after HG replacement, but thirsty, heavy (IIRC), and not much more powerful than a 22RE, which is near unkillable with reasonable maintenance. Maybe in a 2nd gen 4R a 3.0 makes more sense, but in the mini PU, well, ... reasonable men can respectfully disagree. :)

Very well put. I agree that it uses more fuel but does offer a small boost in power. It also is mated to the R150 and if the truck came with 31s it also came with 4.56 gears, both good things in my opinion. It is a little heavier than the 22re though I don't think it can be too much, I loaded a long block in the back of my lifted truck by myself. I think it boils down to personal preference. I am also a fan of the 22re but when driving in the mountains and in head winds at high altitude in my heavy (I carry lots of stuff) mini-truck I'll take the 3VZE and the mileage that comes with it.

As much of a fan I am of the 3VZE, I would trade it in a heartbeat for a 5VZE. The 5VZE bolts in place of the 3VZE, if and when it ever drops, much easier than the 22re.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom