87 FJ60 Ignition Coil (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Could I get someone to help me get my ignition coil hooked back up? I’ve finally got all my smog taken care of but I can’t figure out how to connect this new coil.
thanks!

9446CB07-FB8A-433E-AB87-ED40E83B7463.jpeg

ECDBDFB9-0B93-47F2-9716-F7AB37B7E18D.jpeg

What distributor do you have? I don’t see that you have an ignitor or ignition module, so points distributor?

If it’s points:
keyed +12v to coil +
coil - to points and condensor.

What distributor do you have? I don’t see that you have an ignitor or ignition module, so points distributor?

If it’s points:
keyed +12v to coil +
coil - to points and condensor.
The pic is of the distributor I have. I don’t think I have a module so I’m assuming it’s a points distributor. I don’t know much about that. Learning as I go.

image.jpg

The drawings of the ignition system below are from the Toyota 2F Manual for FJ60s destined to different countries. The USA model uses the igniter.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Yes. If you want it use the distributor you have, the easiest is to track down a Toyota igniter. It typically mounts to the top of your coil bracket.

Yes. If you want it use the distributor you have, the easiest is to track down a Toyota igniter. It typically mounts to the top of your coil bracket.
Ok. I figured I was missing something. Thanks for the help!

One other question. I had this igniter in my shop. The numbers seem to be the right ones for an 87 FJ60, but the connectors are the same from the 60 and the igniter, both seem to be male connectors. I guess this is the wrong igniter??

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom