For Sale 84 VW Rabbit GTI (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOLD!!!

Ok, so decided to sell my 84 VW GTI. Looking for $3K. Have 5-6K invested. It's a solid daily driver with 185k and is getting 30mpg.

Willing to make a trade for a 40 series project.

I'm the second owner and I have all of the stuff from the original owner.

Goodies:

Audi 1000 Throttle body
Kamei Rear scoop
H&R Race Springs, Bilstein Sport Struts
Federal Tires
Eurosport subframe & rear cross bar.
Short shift kit.
MKIII dual outlet manifold
Poly Engine Mounts
Techtonics Tuning Stainless downpipe, cat, and Borla SS muffler.
New plugs, wires, cap & rotor.
New Mintex brake pads.
Wheel Bearings all around.
New thermostat
EMPI Axels, CVs and Seals.
New Clutch.
New Alternator + Battery
New Bosch Fuel Pump, check valve and Accumulator
H4 Headlights

A/C is there, but the compressor failed...I got a new one and it failed as well.

Here are some pics.

RUMFORD_1.jpg

RUMFORD_2.jpg

RUMFORD_3.jpg
RUMFORD_1.jpg
RUMFORD_2.jpg
RUMFORD_3.jpg

Last edited:
to the top

lookin to sell this thing out right...anyone want a good daily driver?

bump!!

to the top

bumpidy

Bunny

Just wondering why you are pushing that bunny on this site?? Put it on VW Vortex but i would lower that price too 2,200. I know my cruiser's but i know my dub's better. Take that nasty ac set up off. I have the crank and water pump pulley's you will need but i will need some $$ for them. Glws nice bunny just didn't expect too see it on here.

Like i said at the most u will be lucky too see 2,500. Lower ur price if you have to get rid off that bunny or keep it and love it. I have a MK1 Jetta Coupe that is worth 7500 really over 10,000 and i can't sell it even for 3,800. I drive it every day and i mean even when it 13 out and fully iced. Trade you my coupe for your 60. I sold my last race GTI fully built for 4g's no questions but it was street sleeper track bunny. Again glws.

Yeah, I'm really in no hurry to sell the bunny....but would be willing to trade for a 40 project, even something that is partially assembled. Keepin the 60 as well.

Great to see some VW and LC guys on the forum here.

I never thought i see a bunny on here. Also not trying to give you a hard time, just love dub's and cruisers. Same here glad too see a dub head on here. I am not a big fan of vortex. My username is stump16v. Will give ya a bump on vortex and here's another one for ya.

thanks man.

That Kamei spoiler is worth more than I care to think if you seperate it from the car. At least it was back in my dub days.

Cool bunny, I had a black GTI w/ blue interior that I swapped the Recaros from a '89 GLI Wolfsburg & a matching set of cards & rear seat from a cabbie with the same blue slanted stripes interior. '86 Hi comp motor & Schrick 272* & big header & exhaust with the stock tranny - great fun all the way to 95MPH, right? (wasn't that redline in 5th?)

Linus,

Yup, top speed is like 90mph but should go a little faster since it's lower. Yeah some people have asked if the Kamei spoiler is for sale, but I think it should stay on the car. This thing is a blast to drive and zooms in and out of traffic like mad.

Linus,

Yup, top speed is like 90mph but should go a little faster since it's lower. Yeah some people have asked if the Kamei spoiler is for sale, but I think it should stay on the car. This thing is a blast to drive and zooms in and out of traffic like mad.

I put a .075 tall gear in my close raito gti tranny in my Mk1 coupe that is my daily right now and top speed is like 125. That Kamie spoiler and 4k tranny are like getting a h55 for us cruiser guys. Keep that bunny and put a 288 cam in it, you will love it forever.GLWS

Yup, for sure a cam would be a great addition to this guy.

Got the rabbit out of the garage this weekend to get the juices flowing again. It hasn't been started since before Xmas break and it fired right up without hesitation. The thing is itching to be out on the highway again!!

well, here's what it looks like with a 20ft canoe on the roof:

attachment.php

Here's what it looked like on the day I bought it:

Rumford.jpg

Here's what it looks like at the lake:

RUMFORD_LAKE.jpg

Here's a pic with the dog:

RUMFORD_GOLIATH.jpg
Rumford.jpg
RUMFORD_LAKE.jpg
RUMFORD_GOLIATH.jpg

well, here's what it looks like with a 20ft canoe on the roof:

attachment.php

Here's what it looked like on the day I bought it:

View attachment 493403

Here's what it looks like at the lake:

View attachment 493404

Here's a pic with the dog:

View attachment 493405

Hey that looks like a really nice stock GTi. Going to keep my Jetta Mk1 coupe for when i have problems with my cruisers. I don't see that color very much either anymore these days. Everybody is painting them a crazy color. Hope ya sell it spring is here and the DUB shows are coming up!!!!!

Yeah, these things are becoming more and more rare. People ask me about it almost every time I stop to get gas....they all say that they used to know someone with a Rabbit and how awesome it was to drive etc...I had one guy stop me on the highway last summer asking me if it was for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom