'83 toyoder pickup gets "new" seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Welp in this case, the newer seats are out of a 2000ish (?) m-b c-class.
Had them for another project that didn't happen so this worked out.
There is NO welding required. I drilled out the factory feet off of the toyota (year?) buckets that I had in there that earlier replaced the toyota factory bench seat; enlarged existing holes in the feet brackets & drilled out small rivets in front of those holes & made same size as the enlarged holes.
The rear brackets take one carriage bolt each (bolted pointing down); the immediate second (slightly enlarged) hole goes over the mercedes metal dowel on bottom of m-b seat rail.
The front toyota brackets (feet) use two carriage bolts each, pointed down they clear inside the m-b rails.
The beauty of this is that, going into a originally-bench cab, once the feet are properly positioned/bolted to the m-b rails the toyota brackets (feet) can then be lined up EXACTLY with the existing toyota factory threaded (outside rail) floorpan holes.
I manually offset/adjusted the inner m-b rail slightly to accomodate the hole previously made for the old toyota buckets so that the rear foot lined up with the hole. The seats are electric (relays next) & forward/rearward slide adjustment is manual so shouldn't be a problem.
The seats are way more supportive & comfortable than the old & tired toyota ones.
Did I say there is NO welding required;)
Due to the front inside feet having lower under-side profile than the outer feet, the bolts & nuts required some grinding to not high-center the bottom of the brackets (feet).
More pics with notes later.

B3A19A22-0F37-44D7-8FC5-74C82FF0E076.jpeg

0B1E1990-03E7-41C4-ADE4-62E24BE79D07.jpeg

BBE45E25-39F0-4B97-8178-0D456B3EDF92.jpeg

FAE04CD5-A91F-47CF-BA6F-43700AD79ED6.jpeg

yea thanks! toyed with these in sc400 coupe and ended up with sc430 black leather seats there.
sc430 seats are super comfortable too;)

crazy amazing how the c-class seats are perfect width for toyota pickup and the rails line up the toyota feet darn near perfect with factory holes.
c-class seats have great support and are very comfortable. yea they raise position slightly but i like the lift & not a prob - unless you're like over 6 ft - in which case you belong in a bigger truck😁

only possible drawback with sedan seats in pu is needing to use electric switch for full access to area behind seat (will be on lookout for coupe seats)
but most of the time can just reach back there without having to move seats forward🤓

Last edited:
pic of drilled-out toyota brackets passenger-side before bolted to mercedes-benz c-class seat
(don't forget eye protection) 🤓
all it takes is THAT ONE TIME

026DBB7A-B77E-4DEA-87BB-0C2CE6C83BD2.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom