80 Series rear e-locker air actuator (gauging interest) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OTRAMM

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.otramm.com
The rear actuator on my 80 failed and it was far too corroded to rebuild. Rather than spending the money on a new electric actuator I decided to go air. (someone in the past swapped a non locked front axle in to my truck so it's got an ARB there already). I machined out a rough prototype to prove out the parts I wanted to use, and everything works well in preliminary testing. I'll be trail testing it in a few weeks. I figured I can't be the only one whose actuator is beyond salvage so I modeled the parts in CAD and quoted them for CNC machining. It looks like I could do a base kit (mounting plate, shift rod, and air cylinder) for 300.00 or a more complete kit with the solenoid valve, fittings, and airline for 420.00. That's assuming 20 people were interested. The pics below are the first iteration where I way oversized the mounting holes. The second round with correct holes is on my truck now :). The actual product would be CNC machined. I wanted to check and see if there was interest before I put in an order to have a batch made.
actuatorparts.jpg
actuatorassemble.jpg
actuatorrearair v3.jpg

It wasn't my idea. I saw it on here. :) I just figured I'd produce them in case other folks needed them too.
Anything new on this? My actuator on elocker in my fj40 front was on lock for a long time at CMCC 2022, wouldn't unlock. Pulling it to bench test it soon as weather improves. RCV axle that was in at the time of CMCC had bad spline cut pattern, so lock collar had major trouble moving properly. Received replacement RCV axle with what looks like proper spline profile, but actuator still not unlocking. May have messed up something in wiring: actuator motor, relays etc. Only thing left to check is actuator, and perhaps relays. I'm guessing actuator may be burned.

Anyways, saw this and wondered status. Info on install, setup would be nice.

Anything new on this? My actuator on elocker in my fj40 front was on lock for a long time at CMCC 2022, wouldn't unlock. Pulling it to bench test it soon as weather improves. RCV axle that was in at the time of CMCC had bad spline cut pattern, so lock collar had major trouble moving properly. Received replacement RCV axle with what looks like proper spline profile, but actuator still not unlocking. May have messed up something in wiring: actuator motor, relays etc. Only thing left to check is actuator, and perhaps relays. I'm guessing actuator may be burned.

Anyways, saw this and wondered status. Info on install, setup would be nice.
We ended up shutting the manufacturing side of the business down before we finalized this one. It was prototyped but never went full production. The only one i finished is in my truck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom