80 series headlight issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Let me start this by saying yes I was being stupid. Drove through some really deep water and the next day both of my headlight clips melted. Don’t know if that was a coincidence or not. Do I need to replace the whole harness or can I replace just the clips. And where is the harness grounded to? I was thinking that may be a culprit too.

The headlights are grounded on both sides. Follow the harness to the inner fender. Think you have to remove the battery tray on driver side. 10mm bolt head I think.

You will also need to move the radiator overflow tank out of the way to get to the ground on the passenger side.

Yesterday I pulled a Slee headlight harness as it was making my bright lights finicky. You're welcome to have it if it will help you piece your system back together. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Just a question, you were in water deep enough to get up to your head lights? If that's the case you may be looking at more potential problems then just your head lights.

Just as an FYI, unless you have extended the breather vent tubes on your axles, and the electric locker on your transfer case there's a chance that while you were in that deep water, water got into those items too.

Plus if you have the factory electric axle lockers on your front, and rear axle, and haven't extended their breather vent tubes too, there's a chance that they too could have water in them.

You will also need to move the radiator overflow tank out of the way to get to the ground on the passenger side.

Yesterday I pulled a Slee headlight harness as it was making my bright lights finicky. You're welcome to have it if it will help you piece your system back together. Shoot me a PM if interested.

I’d had issues with a Slee harness, found the culprit was the socket you use as the trigger to the relay - I clipped off the Slee side & crimped insulated male spades & T-tapped the body side wires before the headlight bulb sockets.

Totally fixed an intermittent issue I had with a LS lo-beam flickering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom