80 series 16" rims for a lifted FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Let me know if there are issues i have to be aware of.
They don't fit, if that is an issue. The BS is too much, so the wheels end up underneath the truck and hitting the tie-rod, IIRC.

Bolt on spacers in the rear and IFS hubs in the front can be used as a workaround.

Please post if you find out the back spacing on the MB Razor wheels. I wrote to Discount Tire and MB Wheels and never received a reply.

Another issue with the 80 rims and maybe with the aftermarket rims is the 40 wheel studs are too short. You may have to install longer studs to compensate for the thickness of the aluminum rims. I had used my 80 spare as a spare on my 40 while it was sitting ( I would not have driven with the lack of thread contact). I think the magic backspacing number is 3.50" or less. Some have 3.75" wheels and they work while others do not. 3" or 2.5" is preferred by most I think.

They don't fit, if that is an issue. The BS is too much, so the wheels end up underneath the truck and hitting the tie-rod, IIRC.

Bolt on spacers in the rear and IFS hubs in the front can be used as a workaround.

So the less backspacing the wider your stance will be?

MB Razor 16x8 have a -6 offset or 4.25" backspace. The offset is listed on Discount's page. You can use this chart to convert offset to backspace.
tech-wheeloffset.gif

I know money is not always an issue to some, but, another aspect to be aware of is that 16" rims and tires cost quite a bit more than their 15" counterpart. If you're able to run 15" rims, Id stick to those. Much, much cheaper to replace!! Unless you're running 44's or something I don't see the reason to switch to a larger rim?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom