For Sale '77 2F, two Toyota 4 speed transmissions, and V8 adapter to Toyota 4 speed (plate adapter), west TN (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a running 2F out of a '77 FJ55 for sale and two 4 speed transmissions. The 2F is complete (carb, distributor, intake, alternator, ....) and was running well according to the PO. The engine has 112,500 miles on it. One 4 speed tranny is mated to the 2F, so I have everything (bellhousing, clutch, ...). The other 4 speed came out of a 350 V8 '76 FJ40 and was operating fine. I also have the Chevy V8 to Toyota 4 speed plate adapter (mated to a Chevy cast iron bellhousing), clutch, and pressure plate for sale. This adapter is the old Downey 5/8" thick plate adapter and is a great way to easily mate up a Chevy V8. I can send pics to whomever may be interested.

In terms of price: Complete 2F = $900, transmissions + clutch parts = $150 each, plate adapter = $250

Parts are located in Jackson, TN, which is on I40 about half way between Memphis and Nashville.

I'd prefer not to, but I can ship a 4 speed. Is that what you were wanting to know, though?
I am interested in the 4 speed that’s attached to the 2f If it shifts up and down without grinding. I’m in Texas. I can arrange the shipping and send a call tag if It’s good and you can box it up.

I can do that, but it’ll take me some time because everything is still all together. However, I’m planning a trip to Las Cruces at the end of May, so I might be able to deliver it if all goes as planned.

I can do that, but it’ll take me some time because everything is still all together. However, I’m planning a trip to Las Cruces at the end of May, so I might be able to deliver it if all goes as planned.
Well, that works for me. I’m 40 minutes from there and am in no hurry. When will you know for sure?

In a couple of weeks. Supposed to be heading to Houston and then visiting family in Cruces.
Ok if you’re confident it works then I’m in. Let me know what you need from me. I can PayPal a deposit so you know I’m legit. Do the rest in cash when you get here?

I would be interested in the 2F. My brother is in El Paso Texas, so if you bring the trans to Las Cruses, then it would be on the way

Thanks
Ernie

Probably can’t bring a 2f. I’m attending my son’s wedding in Houston before heading to Cruces, so that may prohibit me from bringing even a tranny. There’s just a lot up in the air now about the particulars of the wedding due to the virus.

Probably can’t bring a 2f. I’m attending my son’s wedding in Houston before heading to Cruces, so that may prohibit me from bringing even a tranny. There’s just a lot up in the air now about the particulars of the wedding due to the virus.
No sweat. Let me know if things change

Lifelong in Tenn., before you sell those 4 speed trannies, remove the front bearing retainer from the tranny that was mated to the Downey bellhousing adapter. Why; because when you and I come to some agreement on the price of the Downey adapter, I will need that bearing retainer with the adapter, it was custom machined to work with that bellhousing, and as I recall, was turned down to take a Chevy T.O. bearing.

I have a running 2F out of a '77 FJ55 for sale and two 4 speed transmissions. The 2F is complete (carb, distributor, intake, alternator, ....) and was running well according to the PO. The engine has 112,500 miles on it. One 4 speed tranny is mated to the 2F, so I have everything (bellhousing, clutch, ...). The other 4 speed came out of a 350 V8 '76 FJ40 and was operating fine. I also have the Chevy V8 to Toyota 4 speed plate adapter (mated to a Chevy cast iron bellhousing), clutch, and pressure plate for sale. This adapter is the old Downey 5/8" thick plate adapter and is a great way to easily mate up a Chevy V8. I can send pics to whomever may be interested.

In terms of price: Complete 2F = $900, transmissions + clutch parts = $150 each, plate adapter = $250

Parts are located in Jackson, TN, which is on I40 about half way between Memphis and Nashville.
I am looking for a adapter now to go from my sbc to my 1975 four speed if u still have these parts please let me know. I just live right across bridge in arkansas

I'd recommend that you PM @Downey to help. He has a lot of knowledge on this conversion and knows where the best deals are on parts (new and used). Be sure to get his clutch and pressure plate. I have that on my 40 with an SM465 tranny and it's great.

It's good to know there's a another forum member not too far away.

Cheers,
Mike

do u still have the v8 to Toyota 4sp adapter I am trying to put 400 SBC I'd so please PM me. I sent live far from tenn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom