For Sale 76 on Bring a Trailer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pretty sweet ride. A time capsule for sure.

This one is really nice. I've been waiting for it to go up for sale, but I think it's going to go higher than my budget. 55s have been pretty under performing on Bring a Trailer the last few years, but I think this one might buck the trend.

I inspected this one in Phoenix while it was listed on ebay. Attorney in Phoenix owned it. Bought off ebay a couple weeks ago from Phoenix for $22,600. Seemed like a much more reasonable price given the light rust, lack of information on the engine and no a/c. Don't get me wrong - one of the nicer ones out there, but it still needs some work. Just my opinion so take it for what it's worth.

Last edited:
Nope. Max bid from me was $20,000. Bought by Elite Cruisers in Katy, TX. Looks to be a flip.

@CuAnEm Elite Cruisers have been posting about this one on instagram since at least August of 2017. They always said it was the founders 55 in the "personal collection". You're saying they just bought it a couple weeks ago?

Now I'm confused ?

Me too.... I've been messaging ELITE about it for over a year when they first posted it. I was hoping he was going to sell it private party.

He sent me a Direct Message last week to give me a heads up it was going on Bring A Trailer.

A year ago I would have been seriously considering it at a reasonable price, but I am focusing on the pig in hand now and not interested in paying BAT money for it. But I am curious to see how much he gets. It seems like it's in great shape.

hopefully @CuAnEm will clear up any confusion.

Just noticed on the BAT auction that there is a service receipt for work done at Camelback Toyota in Phoenix in 2017 so I guess maybe they did just flip it.

Last edited:
Hi their fellas. My ears were burning so thought I might look on Mud. Ha.

If a flip is keeping over a year and selling to make room for a FJ45LV- then I guess it is a flip. I would love a mud member to own- not sure what it will go for.

Let me know if you have any questions. Not sure what CuAnEm is talking about. I own this and have for 18 months.

Hi their fellas. My ears were burning so thought I might look on Mud. Ha.

If a flip is keeping over a year and selling to make room for a FJ45LV- then I guess it is a flip. I would love a mud member to own- not sure what it will go for.

Let me know if you have any questions. Not sure what CuAnEm is talking about. I own this and have for 18 months.

Ah there we go. Thanks for clearing that up. Can you elaborate on the owner history? Was it only one owner prior to you picking it up a year and a half ago?

I think there are several mud members looking at it. it’s just about to go out of my price range sadly...

The PO bought it from Mrs. Baird's Bread Co owners heirs. I understand they had two...mine, a 77 and an older one...I think a 75. I know that the same PO has been working on the older one and may show up for sale soon (guessing).

So originally was one owner. PO bought and did refresh. I bought from him and did more refresh. I had never owned a pig and always wanted one. As you can imagine- to get one...and get it to this condition- takes a lot to time, energy and cash.

Now I understand what is going on. One of pictures on BaT was one from the PO...he kept that front plate. I also knew he had another one since the guys as camel back Toyota said they were working on another one for the same guy.

So he refreshed another and then took similar pictures. Really weird. But explains the mystery and confusion.

Sorry if I misled. The one I looked at must be the identical twin. My bad. Here's the item number if it didn't come through the link above - 202470615073. Again, sorry for any confusion.

No worries...they look very similar but different cruisers for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom