Builds 75 Series Truck - VZ shade tree special (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gas tank leak is becoming issue. Repair shop is saying they can’t fix it at the seam. Any options in the United States, or do I need to ship one in?

Gas tank leak is becoming issue. Repair shop is saying they can’t fix it at the seam. Any options in the United States, or do I need to ship one in?

Cruiser Parts had a few options in stock. They don’t have them all listed on their site so just give them a call.

Really nice few hours of work last night, got the rear differential all put back together after moving one shim and trying seven different shim combinations for the pinion...
B14A3508-2223-448C-8764-C78712ED2979.jpeg
F89BADF3-2598-4888-BA50-F5A6F894E1DA.jpeg
got the rear helper springs out and found a little issue
60D9AD34-C71D-4DB9-A891-C5AD119BC892.jpeg
9CD3A52E-1FBB-4941-9DF4-8D710A280C59.jpeg
AEECF220-A1AA-455D-8589-EB29B72F0B6C.jpeg

This is going to be a very nice Ute when you are done. :cheers:

Thanks. After I get it rolling, things are going to slow down a lot!!

I am leaning toward putting fuel injected 1FZ engine in this. I have a parts car LX450 that runs, so I am thinking that I will surgically work on the wiring in that car, pulling wire by wire to determine exactly what wires need connected to allow it to run.

Transmission will also be a fun project.

Fuel tank is something I need to think about as I will need to add fuel pump in tank to go FE, so I may need to figure out how to weld on a fuel tank without a loud "boom".

Thanks really go out to @cjmoon for being patient with me and teaching me about differential setup. Always fun learning about these rigs.

Thanks. After I get it rolling, things are going to slow down a lot!!

I am leaning toward putting fuel injected 1FZ engine in this. I have a parts car LX450 that runs, so I am thinking that I will surgically work on the wiring in that car, pulling wire by wire to determine exactly what wires need connected to allow it to run.

Transmission will also be a fun project.

Fuel tank is something I need to think about as I will need to add fuel pump in tank to go FE, so I may need to figure out how to weld on a fuel tank without a loud "boom".

Thanks really go out to @cjmoon for being patient with me and teaching me about differential setup. Always fun learning about these rigs.
Partouq has a tank for around $450 but I don't know what shipping would be on top of that. My tank I am hoping for the best when it comes time to install. I opened it up and noticed mig wire in several areas on the inside so its been fixes a few times already. It doesn't leak as far as I know but looks beat to s***.

Partouq has a tank for around $450 but I don't know what shipping would be on top of that. My tank I am hoping for the best when it comes time to install. I opened it up and noticed mig wire in several areas on the inside so its been fixes a few times already. It doesn't leak as far as I know but looks beat to s***.

I show part number 7710060910 for the tank and it shows unavailable from partsouq. Is there a similar tank I should look at?

recall that it is not as tall on passenger side for driveshaft

1564597924096.png

What about just running a rear tank like I did with my 79 #1(although that was on an 80 chassis maybe a 70 chassis isn't so good for a rear mount tank)? Easy enough to have a tank guy make an aluminum one and you can mount the LX450 fuel pump, vents, return, rollover valve, etc. It was one of my main concerns on my build....being able to use the OEM parts. I think it was pretty expensive though...$700 maybe.

I have a this from my current project....somebody started a tank....at least I think that is what they were doing.

IMG_5473.jpg
IMG_5475.jpg

if you are paying that kind of money for a stock tank, I'd look into aftermarket long range options, which would not be much more.

@wardharris Valley Hybrids told me to contact you regarding a tank for this application. Thoughts?

I show part number 7710060910 for the tank and it shows unavailable from partsouq. Is there a similar tank I should look at?

recall that it is not as tall on passenger side for driveshaft

View attachment 2045325
7710060918 for a HZJ75 shows 3 left. I don't know what the difference is for gas vs diesel. It's also one of the few items that doesn't have a photo.

7710060918 for a HZJ75 shows 3 left. I don't know what the difference is for gas vs diesel. It's also one of the few items that doesn't have a photo.

With shipping for the diesel tank I would be at $750.

Just watched a youtube video on making your own aluminum tank.... may be an option.

Just watched a youtube video on making your own aluminum tank.... may be an option.

I seem to remember when I was researching all this for my 79 that somebody had turned an 80 series tank sideways and it was fitting under their 79. No idea where I saw that.

Does your truck have a rear tank filler?

Wow. That much. I am out for that price also. Hope mine is good.

I seem to remember when I was researching all this for my 79 that somebody had turned an 80 series tank sideways and it was fitting under their 79. No idea where I saw that.

Does your truck have a rear tank filler?

80 tank would have to be sideways and upside down to fit -- don't see how that is possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom