73 HJ45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m trying to decide whether it would be better to put minimal work into this HJ or a more extensive restoration then sell. There’s a little rust but not a lot. It does run. Is. 73 with the inline diesel 6. Can anyone give me a rough idea of what these are bringing on the open market ?

37919DDC-42A5-4452-B4FE-37321F97B265.jpeg

A3CB1272-6E62-4518-81C0-65315D1D027C.jpeg

18BE2B69-D308-49C4-8451-DDD924622E86.jpeg

970D7A1A-14A1-4F12-84B2-71C7FC53D1D1.jpeg

56BE75FA-507D-4CDE-B99C-7AE488C02AE3.jpeg

So your plan is to flip it. What can you share about its condition and history?
More info abut those fender flares and any cutting of metal?

So your plan is to flip it. What can you share about its condition and history?
More info abut those fender flares and any cutting of metal?
I inherited it, I do know my uncle purchased it about 8 years ago from someone in South America and had it shipped up. He had some work done but I’m not 100% sure what. Not positive about the fenders . I’ll have to take a look . Im not necessarily trying to flip it I’m just curious what they are going for in this condition as opposed to putting alot of $$ into hoping to increase the selling price. I don’t want to get into a situation where it’s a money pit hoping to get my money back when I could have sold it without dumping alot into it. Any help or pointers is much appreciated

MHO would be to sell it as is and get what you can for it.
I have no idea on a price, without more info and pics.
it looks like it may have front disc brakes?
heater?
it looks nice on the outside but underneath the bed not so much

I seem to remember this being posted last year sometime, along the same line of questions

If it has sentimental attachment, keep it and drive it a bit. If not then I would sell it to someone that will put the time and money into it. Cool old truck, drive it as it sits and enjoy the memories. I wouldn't do anything quickly, see if it grows on ya. If not, let it goto to an enthusiast.

If it has sentimental attachment, keep it and drive it a bit. If not then I would sell it to someone that will put the time and money into it. Cool old truck, drive it as it sits and enjoy the memories. I wouldn't do anything quickly, see if it grows on ya. If not, let it goto to an enthusiast.
That’s where I’ve been leaning . I think it will grow on me the more I drive it. That’s also what scares me , there’s so many hjs I’ve seen that I’d love to mirror but I know that means big money.

I’d say keep it and drive it. But if you’re going to sell it don’t waste a bunch of money trying to restore it unless that’s your specialty. You’ll spend a bunch of money and booger things up and more importantly spend a lot of time doing it. If you’re paying retail you’ll never get ahead.

Just my 2 cents.

Cool truck.

Smog exempt in CA. Just sayin…

I’d say keep it and drive it. But if you’re going to sell it don’t waste a bunch of money trying to restore it unless that’s your specialty. You’ll spend a bunch of money and booger things up and more importantly spend a lot of time doing it. If you’re paying retail you’ll never get ahead.

Just my 2 cents.

Cool truck.

Smog exempt in CA. Just sayin…
Appreciate the advice , yea I don’t really know what I’m doing so I’d be paying soMe one to fix it up and taking a chance of getting burned . I’ll drive it this summer and see if I want to keep it

MHO would be to sell it as is and get what you can for it.
I have no idea on a price, without more info and pics.
it looks like it may have front disc brakes?
heater?
it looks nice on the outside but underneath the bed not so much

I seem to remember this being posted last year sometime, along the same line of questions
Yes it has front disc brakes and the heater seems to be new. I believe he had that done a few years ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom