'73 FJ55 diesel for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

EDIT: New price, $5000. She wants to get rid of the truck. Berna's number is 307-638-9791

I am posting this for a friend.

For Sale: 1973 FJ55

Cummins 6at 3.4L Turbo diesel
Ranger II overdrive
Toyota 4 speed H42
’73 J30 transfer case
20,000 on a new Bosch injection pump
*J60 Aussie fullfloater in back with an Aussie Locker
Chevy disk kit
‘77 disk front axle
Rebuilt MAF springs in front, custom Alcans in back- 2.5” lift.
Custom 16” steel wheels
Hydroboost power braking system
Scout power steering
Dual batteries
34 gallon gas tank.
Snorkel, washable filter
Cut rockers- 2x4” steel
Cut quarters
“Zed” rear frame- increased 3” of clearance
Custom front bumper with 8274 mount
Custom rear bumper with spare tire carrier.
Toyota celica seats, old bench in back.
Grant steering wheel.
Four new 235/85R16 tires

History: Royal Rose bought this truck back in 1992 from the FBI, and wheeled the hell out of it in the Utah desert. He did the Cummins conversion, and half the other work which was visionary at the time.

I bought the truck in 2004 and put in the ranger, alcans, hyrdoboost, FF, and 16” rims. While Royal made a family crawler out of the truck, I took it more expedition- I’ve driven it from California to Canada for wheeling and various trips. In the 30,000 miles I put on it, I had no major issues other than those associated with driver error. I put on a full length rack which cut my mileage, but the truck is capable of a comfortable 70mph and 17-20 mpg. It loves biodiesel.

I sold it in 2007 to Mike. Mike’s a young diesel nut and has been studying diesel mechanics in school, but while he likes the truck he wants to get out of it. He and his mother Berna put four new tires on it, otherwise he hasn’t touched it or driven it too much.

This is a truck I wouldn’t hesitate getting in a driving it across the country (which I did 4 times up and down the West in time I owned it). It comes with a manual for the engine and a part listing as well. I never had problems getting parts, other than waiting a little. While I had to wait for the glow plugs a few times, I never once used ether to start it. It did it on its own.

What it needs: some sheetmetal love, and a new turn signal system. The tail gate is finicky, but works. I replaced some of the metal in the upper rockers before I sold it to Mike, and it needs some of that finished. Parking brake prefers not to work.

Truck is outside of Cheyenne, Wyoming.

Edit: Price is what I paid for the truck, plus a fullfloater, ranger overdrive, new tires, new rear springs, new injector pump, and a bit more rust.....

Berna's email is blw1015@hotmail.com

I am in Central Asia, have limited email access, and might not get back to you for a week if there’s no electricity or there is an internet connection problem. DON’T PM ME, but feel free to email me (steen.wy(at)gmail.com) if you have any questions, but please try the owner first. Thanks!

attachment.php

Also posted here: https://forum.ih8mud.com/fj55-classifieds-corner/270002-73-fj55-w-cummins-diesel-sale.html

Last edited:
comments on pricing aren't allowed,noob. Additionally, with 24 posts, Idoubt you know the uniqueness of this ride, and aren't qualified to comment in any case. Read and follow the rules. Bump for a ride with history.

The engine and a couple other pieces alone are worth the price. Little paint and some hammering and it's a really sweet rig.

As Texx mentioned, ball-busting ain't allowed in For Sale threads. It would be like me getting on here and saying you're a moron for posting up dumb comments....which I would never do since that would be against the rules.

Cool truck

Dont think it will move at that price thou
Probably half

:rolleyes: take it elsewhere

wow, someone thinks highly of their 55!

:rolleyes: see response above

comments on pricing aren't allowed,noob. Additionally, with 24 posts, Idoubt you know the uniqueness of this ride, and aren't qualified to comment in any case. Read and follow the rules. Bump for a ride with history.

x2

The engine and a couple other pieces alone are worth the price. Little paint and some hammering and it's a really sweet rig.

x3

sent an email to Berna. have not heard back. want more pics and info. I am selling my fj60 soon and want to get a diesel rig. this could be the one. Hay RESCUE WAGON! have you seen this rig in person? anyone? I am in California so it is a bit hard for me. anyone with first hand info please contact me. thanks
-Miles

I've driven this vehicle several times, it really is an absolutely killer truck. The body is a little hammered but in every other way it is just a killer, unique vehicle besides the smooth Cummins diesel engine...

got more pics?

love the truck.

I've got a ton of pics! Unfortunately, they're in a computer in a closet a couple thousand miles away.

Here's some from MUD:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Can't find much more. You can ask the current owner for pictures too.

Later,
Brian

I'm pretty interested as I have access to a completely restored body which would make a sweet overall truck. How do we get more pics????

longing...

damn thats sweet, want a diesel, would love the pig, together? match made in mud heaven...

good luck witht he sale, if i was close i would love to come and just drool at it a while

I can't find any more pics. I know there's some on Pirate4x4 under my other user name Greepig, and I don't know about whole pics here.

From the net when Royal owned it:
royalrose2.jpg

royalrose.jpg

The 6at was used in smaller UPS trucks. They'd put about 100K on the motor then swap it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom