70-Series Vapor/Charcoal Canister Dimensions? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can someone tell me the diameter and height of the charcoal canister on the 70 Series? According a parts website, 77740-60410 was used between 2001 - 2009 on the FZJ71, FZJ76, FZJ78, and FZJ79. I searched the forum and didn't find anything. Maybe nobody here has one of these gasser models.

Ideally, I want the diameter of the canister body itself, but a measurement across the top lip would work, too.

70Series-77740-60410.jpg

Hello,

Length is 6 1/8 in. or 156 mm.

The diameter is 4 5/8 in. or 118 mm.

This canister is mounted on the left fender apron with two plates.

Juan

@JuanJ thank you very much! This might be really good news for the 80-Series owners.

Is there a PDF version of the FSM available for these models? I haven't been able to find one, or at least not one with the evaporative system in it. I'd like to verify that it has internal check valves and that they're set up the same as the 80-Series. Here's the section from the 80's FSM for comparison:

80SeriesCharcoalCanisterTest.png

Hello,

I have not found a PDF manual reference for this canister. The 1FZ engine manual has a diagram with this canister, though.

Maybe in the Toyota Manuals site, the one that requires a paid subscription.

The newer model canister has the same ports as the old model.

The top ports from the illustration above are the same as in the older model. Quite likely, the valve setup is the same.

From experience with other parts I have substituted, this one should be a good replacement.

Juan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom