67 45 Mater (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Figure out the YouTube video? ;)

It is still down loading I phones are kinda slow

Last edited:
Why is the whole front past the cowl raked upward? Frame bent?

67fj45.jpg

Why is the whole front past the cowl raked upward? Frame bent?

He says the from is bent in the ad:

1967 Toyota Landcruiser FJ45 LWB
1F Engine, 3 Speed changed from column to floor.

Frame is bent by the front mount $350-$500 quote to straighten
Complete vehicle, needs body work, runs good. Clean title in hand.
Stock seats, newly redone not installed
call or text Kade 530-545-11 nine eight

I would be concerned how the frame got bent. At the end of the video you can see how much the apron is pushing into the cowl. The air intake on the passenger side partly covered by the apron. Should post some pictures of the frame where it is bent. I would think the body would have been destroyed, unless it rusted. Depending how far forward it's bent a FJ40 frame could probably be used for the repair. I think it the same or real close up to the front of the cowl. It is priced to sell. A FJ40 should be parted out if the frame was bent that bad but it's a FJ45 which makes it worth restoring. Anyone check the date on the VIN? Noticed it has the brass tag. If I was younger and didn't already have a 45 I would be taking a serious look at it. Already have a clean rust free 40 frame tuck away.

Good luck with the sale.

Popped out of gear went off a 15-20' drop to the front end. Guy hooked the winch to a tree and drug it back up.

I would be concerned how the frame got bent. At the end of the video you can see how much the apron is pushing into the cowl. The air intake on the passenger side partly covered by the apron. Should post some pictures of the frame where it is bent. I would think the body would have been destroyed, unless it rusted. Depending how far forward it's bent a FJ40 frame could probably be used for the repair. I think it the same or real close up to the front of the cowl. It is priced to sell. A FJ40 should be parted out if the frame was bent that bad but it's a FJ45 which makes it worth restoring. Anyone check the date on the VIN? Noticed it has the brass tag. If I was younger and didn't already have a 45 I would be taking a serious look at it. Already have a clean rust free 40 frame tuck away.

Good luck with the sale.

That was my plan if i could not have it straightened by a shop i picked up a 71 40 front 1/2. Figured I would try to repair and keep it original before chopping it.

Popped out of gear went off a 15-20' drop to the front end. Guy hooked the winch to a tree and drug it back up.

Than if I was in the market I wouldn't let the frame stop me from buying. Really not that hard to strip these down to the frame. Take it to the frame shop bring home and restore. Front clip with interchange with a 40. Same with the cowl. Floor from the cowl back is different. The current plan for mine is to replace the cowl forward with 78 FJ40 parts. Like yours mine also doesn't had the stock engine so I figure since I can't go back to 100% (engine serial is on the VIN plate) I update parts some keeping it all LC stuff. Personally if you can I store it away until you can restore it. Even with these coming in from out country I see the prices going up. $3,500. But maybe it's just me. Back in 95 I was going to sell my 89 FJ62 because a 45 pickup was one of the few things I have on my bucket list. Found one cheap enough in your neighborhood I was able to keep my 89.

Like a said before good luck with the sale. In todays market $3,500 is pretty cheap for a solid 45 project. My main concern was a rusted frame that would be just the start of bigger problems. Solid metal can be straightened.

Man O Man! The way it is bent looks like the wench is only attached to the body and when it was used to lift it out there you go. Lotta gremlins in there......

gremlins

It was the bezel gremlins. Decided if it was going to stay upside down, he might as well launch himself off a cliff.

......nearly worked.

I know that cruiser well, well for at least 25 years, Randy's, that 45 has hauled more firewood than some log trucks, Randy would call to see if I had another ball and claw axle to trade for some firewood, he broke a lot of them but kept that truck running, I sold the original windshield from it a couple years ago. After the cliff jump he did not like the fact that the doors did not close good, 4" overlap, was going to buy a frame from me but did not. Hell ----------- it still hauled firewood, or scrap metal, or? John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom