6'4" and looking for a Tacoma (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

890man

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi all, I have been an 80 series guy for some time but at 290K my headgasked blew. I was considering getting a Tacoma while I figure out what to do with my 80. I do plan on searching but am now in a serious time crunch as the 80 was my DD and only vehicle.

I am looking at used with a v6 and short bed but dont really know what to look for. What are the standard things to look for? Are there better years or options. Will a person 6'4" even fit? I am a complete noob with these trucks. Thanks for your help.

If you are 6'4" and could tolerate being in an 80, you can probably live in a Tacoma. Myself at 6'1" find an 80 pretty tight, awkward seating. I found the early Tacomas and the current model to be tight also. I'm 6'1", long trunk, head almost rubs in an 80, legs feel cramped up. I found the Tacomas all have a very legs straight out seating arrangement, more like a car, and my head really rubbed in the new Tacomas, I also felt my vision was cut off by the top of the windshield. In fact I really liked the look of the new Taco, but after sitting in one it is totally off my list.

I have a T100, whole different experience, very roomy, lots of head and leg room. Gets good mileage and has been a solid truck. Any of the earlier 5vzfe V6 trucks that seem to have been cared for will probably give several years of good service even if they have higher miles. My T100 has the same drivetrain as the early Tacos and has been extremely reliable and trouble free even at 258K miles.

If you are 6'4" and could tolerate being in an 80, you can probably live in a Tacoma.

That was my first thought as well. The 80 seat in stock form is pretty tough for anyone over 5' 10". Did you have seat extenders on your 80?

I think from a pure length perspective, you'll find the Tacoma to provide more and better leg room. I think you may feel it to be narrower that a LC, and that might bug you. But ultimately you should just go drive one and see how it feels.

If you want to use the Tacoma off road, it's good to get a package (TRD Off Road) that includes the factory rear locker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom