62 chrome mirrors ... paint or not (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kling-on

Kool Arrow
Threads
Website
www.texas4x4.org
ok so i sent out the cash for smittys old side mirrors( thanx bro) .... i know my 82 got lots of chrome but i dont realy want to add any more should i paint the mirrors if so with what .... or just leave em chrome ... oh and i dont know how to wash the truck so the chrome's bling bling falls short for me ;)

i thought about scuffin the crap out of it and usein spray can bed liner ... i also want to do the grill and door handles i just dont know if it will hold

PB190140.sized.jpg

Looks great the way it is. I would leave it. Then again, I got the bling-bling mirrors and front bumper!

If it ain't broke....
In my opinion unless the chrome is professionally removed it's going to be a mess (constant paint peeling issues).

A possible paint solution. My 40 had rusted chrome wheels which I sandblasted then primed with an etch auto primer then painted with standard auto paint. The rusult is the yellow wheels in pic.

My 62 still has the chrome mirrors and, trust me, there is no bling involved. Much more time and effort then needed

FWIW...the mirror skins are plastic chrome. Unless there are trashed ...I wouldn't :flipoff2: with it. My 02.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom