60000 mile service in Denver (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Still pretty new to my '99 TLC, but coming up to 60000 miles. What do you guys recommend be serviced, and any thoughts of the best place in Denver area to get service done. How much? Unemployed at the moment so finances are tight.
By the way, saw a sweet looking I think 80 series LC in Boulder a week ago. Slee sliders (not sure what they are, but looked good), jack on back, spare gas can, looked to be lifted, or maybe larger tires, and out comes a lady and her infant baby. Cool looking truck. Thanks for info.

dtrout,
Slee Offroad is in Golden, CO. Robbie (on this forum) is a Toyota master mechanic, 80 owner, and a Land Cruiser expert. Christo is the owner and he's also a regular here on ih8mud.

This is your lucky day. :D
-B-

So Robbie is Robbie. I didn't know that. I did notice that he really knew his stuff for a guy with so few posts. Now I know why.

It's been a while since I've lived in Denver, but there was an independent Toy shop on Broadway IIRC.

You will not find a better group of guys, or better service than you will get from www.sleeoffroad.com.

I have spent countless hours on the phone with Christo, Robbie and Ben. They are super knowledgeable, are super guys, and do great work. While I have only had the pleasure of wheeling with them for one event, and sharing a few drinks with them, they will always be folks I consider to be dear friends. Maybe that's bad news for them :D. Seriously, I would look no further than dealing with them. You are lucky to be so close.

Slee it is boys....

Dtrout-

I currently live in Omaha and plan on then doing anything I can't do myself. (Yes its an 8hr drive but love going to the Rockies)Plus I've had several friends in the Denver area that have had 80's work done on their trucks with them and will forever be returning customers. You won't find a better group of guys that have more knowledge about LC's anywhere in this area. Just my 02.

Later, Mark

Dtrout,

I've got a '99 with just over 60k miles. I run synthetic in the motor and the transmission/diffs, if you're not already doing that you might want to think about it. Also, I just had the serpentine belt replaced (about $75 installed).

I'd love to hear from the experts on this board as to what else should be done.

Wow, I didn't get flipped off by Junk. (Just kidding) (Been reading a lot of messages) Sounds like Slee it is then. Does he, or his outfit work on the 100 series as well. Checked out the site, pretty cool, and close by. Thanks

[quote author=dtrout link=board=2;threadid=9840;start=msg86966#msg86966 date=1073592385]
Wow, I didn't get flipped off by Junk. [/quote]

No, but here's one for yo momma. :flipoff2: and for you :flipoff2:

Yes, they work on 100's too.

Welcome to the board. :flipoff2:

Not really much to do to the 100 at 60k except if the orginal spark plugs are still in (reccomend for emissions perposes), fluids replaces, check brake pads, look over the rig. The expencive stuff comes at 100k. Timing belt, and other stuff.
Yep this is robbie from slee. Just to dispell a myth, I am not a toyota cerified mechanic, ben is but does not work on trucks that often. Experence for me is I have worked in the diesel field from the very early 80's and have owned toyotas since the mid 80's. I was trained old school stuff, rebuild first, then maybe replace if needed. I have been working on cruisers since the late 90's. and have been associated with christo for over 3 years now. Just about all the work as been on 80 series. Thanks all for the praise. later Robbie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom