60 series seats in a hj47 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

876 Cruisers

KZJ70/FZJ70/HJ47/FJ80
Threads
Good day all,

Seeking some advice.
I have a 84 hj47 and need some newer front seats. I've always heard about the 60 series being a direct bolt in. But I've tried a set from an 88 fj60 and it didn't seem to be a direct fit.

Wanted to know if I was to reuse the brackets from the 47 and if the brackets would bolt direct to the 60 seats to be a direct bolt it

Thanks in advance
Dan

Good day all,

Seeking some advice.
I have a 84 hj47 and need some newer front seats. I've always heard about the 60 series being a direct bolt in. But I've tried a set from an 88 fj60 and it didn't seem to be a direct fit.

Wanted to know if I was to reuse the brackets from the 47 and if the brackets would bolt direct to the 60 seats to be a direct bolt it

Thanks in advance
Dan

You can bolt your HJ47 runners directly to the 60 series seats and they will drop right in and bolt up.

You can bolt your HJ47 runners directly to the 60 series seats and they will drop right in and bolt up.
Ok thanks very much that's what I wanted to know

Ah sorry.. just one more thing.. the driver seat will be bolt right in.. if you are using the 60 Series 3/4 Passenger Bench, ONE bolt hole will be out by a couple of inches.. I just used a bit of metal plate to pick it up. I'll try and find a photo later, its the rear inner hole from memory

I tried it and saw the driver seat bolt in. The passenger I would be using is another bucket like the driver and the inner side doesn't bolt right up but seems to be an easy mod to get it to work

A picture of the passenger seat is still great I mixed up the brackets and not sure which is left or right side although they work both ways but im sure it throws it off slightly

I've searched for the photo.. but cant find it, sorry. Basically it was just a short piece of flat steel with a hole drilled in each end, one end bolted to the seat rail, the other bolted down into the factory hole. Not ideal, but it was adequate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom