60 Series Cup Holder Project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have recently starting working with Brad Hicks around ideas to bring his custom 3D printed cup holders and related products to the 60 series. You can see Brad’s work here Products | BH3D Printing . You may have seen these in other threads as they have been very well received in the later model Toyotas. We’d like to do the same for the 60s.

The current idea would be a double cup holder with cell phone slot that would fit snugly in the open area in front of the console. The bottom and sides would match the factory angle correctly so it would sit level on the cup surface but fit all the contours around it. Would be a single piece product and in the $30-$50 range.

Before investing the time and effort in development we need to determine if there is enough interest in the product to make it a worthwhile endeavor. At a minimum we’d need 10 or so people to commit to product in order to make this a reality.

Let us know your feedback and interest level and hopefully we can create the best solution yet to an issue that frustrates us all.

Thanks!

Thanks for getting this thread started. It may get a lot more interest/feedback over in the 60 series section. Not sure how many 60 series guys are hanging out in the small business forum. Unless that is where this started and the moderators moved it here.

I agree. That's where I tried it first. Moderators moved it here unfortunately.
That's what I was afraid of. Unfortunately we aren't going to get any interest for this possible product in this forum. I will mock something up later today so we have something tangible to look at. Maybe dig up an old thread about the lack of cup holders for the 60 series and just add your question onto that thread?

So here is the rough idea I had. It should match the contours of the space pretty good based on the pics and measurements you sent me.

At this point we have two cup holders, a pen holder, a flash light holder, and two cell phone slots. Also can be attached with 4 screws if desired.

Here's a snap shot of the screw holes.

I would be interested. Would we be able to get these in oem colors?
All of my cup holder designs are made in the factory colors. I have been lucky in being able to find the factory colors needed. I will do my best to find the factory colors for the 60. What I need is a loaner console for the 60 and 62 and preferably in the two? factory colors. Whoever loans me their console for a week or so will get a free cup holder out of it.

I have one in the blue grey I can loan you but shipping it might make this venture rather expensive.

I have one in the blue grey I can loan you but shipping it might make this venture rather expensive.
Your probably right about the shipping cost. Is there any small interior plastic pieces in the 60/62 that match the console color? Maybe ship a tiny piece so I can at least work on finding the matching color. If I don't have any luck with the matching color then I will probably just go with a satin black finish.

CarolinaFJ is right. I will check tonite if I can take the lid off and send it to you.

Ok. I can take it off and should be able to fit it easily in a fit it ships box from usps. Send me the address and I will get it your way this weekend if you are still interested.

Ok. I can take it off and should be able to fit it easily in a fit it ships box from usps. Send me the address and I will get it your way this weekend if you are still interested.
I'm still interested. I decided to just print out version 1.0 to get it out there and test fitted. I'm thinking if folks see something tangible installed then the interest may pick up. That will also give me a real world visual reference to fitment changes that will be needed.

So prototype 1.0 is made and has already been test fit. I'm working on minor fitment changes now. I should have info and pics of final fitment by the end of the week. Here's how it looks right now.
The phone in the pics may seem small because it is. It's the old Samsung S4 mini. Made to match the old iphone size. I made sure the slots can also hold the largest phones on the market.

So the 62 series double cup holder is officially done with r&d. Here is how it turned out. I added a slot on the right side to also allow you to stick your wallet in there. Now it can hold your phone, pen, wallet, and cup. Overall it can accept a flashlight, two pens, 2 cups, 2 phones, and a wallet. I did my absolute best to utilize the space available and make it as functional as possible.

Here is the 60 series double cup holder design. It's 99% done with design.

And finally, here is the 62 series single square insert. This design is about 80% done. It holds a cup, phone, 2 pens, and a small slot for storage. In the pic it's installed backwards. The phone goes towards the dash and tilts back facing the driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom