60 series a soon to be dinosaur (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alberta mac

addicted but not cured
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
A post for the 60 series fans.
Like most of you I like to keep tabs on for sale forums like kijiji and seeing if there are any cruisers for sale.
it's really become slim pickings ! The ones that are on there are over $20,000 40 and 60 series let alone others are a rare dinosaur !
My passion is the 40 series, 45 series with a fondness for the 60 series that keeps growing and appreciating.
The 60's have a great payload capacity and still handle very well off road though I never took my 60 off road I had 10 years of off roading in my bj42 packed up every way but Sunday and had a telescopic roof rack built that sat above the bikini top. I only had room for the basics in that small cargo area.
I always hoped someone like Mike Gozzard, Gozzard Composites would have built a fibreglass 60 series. His 40 series tubs are second to none as his shop builds custom boats. We are all plagued by the same cancer issues, rear fender wells, lower and upper tail gate and of course doors.

If anyone knows of a company that reproduces steel 60 parts please chime in and let us all know !

Trail Taylor sells some body parts.
Wolf Steel in Quebec sells rear quarter repair panels.

And I turned down a stupid high $$ offer on my 60. Yup, it's getting silly.

Wolf Steel in Quebec sells rear quarter repair panels.
That don't fit....and they won't compensate the shipping when you return the part that flat out has the wrong body line.
Hand made but poor.

Look to Europe for body parts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom