60 SEREIES FOR THE BMAN? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just came across this.

1985 LANDCRUISER, lifted, Snorkels, front rear lockers, new 33" tires, Alpine cd, cb radio, GPS, exc body & int, runs rough, buying new house, need to sell, $3900 obo

Called the guy: No rust, lockrights, lots of records, but the kicker is the 2f with 264k. He also said that it's been parked for a year while he's been recovering from a "sickness". He put on a new out of box carb, that's also been sitting for quite some time, and it still runs rough.

I'm gonna go look at it tomorrow and if all is good and I can get the price down a bit I might pick her up.

What'dya think?

Sounds good. It could be a V8 candidate.

220...221...whatever it takes. (NTM).

[quote author=BMT link=board=27;threadid=15952;start=msg152548#msg152548 date=1083956088]
Sounds good. It could be a V8 candidate.
[/quote]

Yeah I was thinking about a TPI that my father-in-law has in the garage. Back it up with a 700r4 and i'd have a kickin daily driver.

Or maybe an ISUZU diesel out of a buddies liberated box truck? ;)

Bought it! Need a trailer and a source for gaskets and carb rebuild kit and such. I'm sure I can get them from my guy at Toyota for a good price but I'd like to at least check his pricing. Who do you guys recommend?

Which gaskets? If Intake/Exhaust I've never had a problem with aftermarkets. Carb rebuild; probably cruiserdan'd beat anyone's price. May I ask who is your guy at Toyota? What kind of discounts can you get?

My Toyota guy is over at Tempe Toyota. I don't even know what my % discount is but I know it's good enough to make me happy so far. I can hook you guys up but I don't want to just post his name up on the net.

Hey! I've got a Toyota Guy(tm), too!
He's at Bell Rd Toyota. Thay honor the TLCA discount at (IIRC) 15%.

The carb kit from Toyota is around $80. I bought one about 3 months ago.
It's not a complete kit, just so you know. No body-to-flange gasket.
Actually, I think that's all it was missing. The jet kit is seperate. No idea on
price. I got my manifold gasket there, too. Can't remember price.

[quote author=BMAN link=board=27;threadid=15952;start=msg153970#msg153970 date=1084229349]
Bought it! Need a trailer and a source for gaskets and carb rebuild kit and such. I'm sure I can get them from my guy at Toyota for a good price but I'd like to at least check his pricing. Who do you guys recommend?
[/quote]

Congrats!
Hey, if you want a non-infatuated set of eyes to look it over for ya, let me know.
I have a few diagnostic tools I can bring along.

I may take you up on that. I pick her up tonight and then the journey begins.

WOW! I'm getting my heads back this weekend and just dug this up! ALMOST EXACTLY A YEAR this things been sitting in my driveway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom