60 not wanting to stay started (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So my 60 will start with no problem at first idles great warms up fine. Then when i start to drive her it starts to bog down and the idle gets real low. If I leave it alone sometimes it recovers and idles good again but most of the time she dies. Then it seems like shes flooded and doesn't want to start without so coaxing from the gas peddle....

Marlin C. came over and said that I had an exhaust leak... so we tore down the intake and exhaust manifold and replaced them, the replaced the carb gasket and spacer gasket. also replaced the air rail and a bunch of vacuum hoses. Marlin suggested drilling something out of my carb (idle pin) cant remember. put it all back together.

Still does the same thing... errrrr help

I'm just shooting in the dark here but the float in the carb might be sticking. I have an old muscle car that would do something similar to that. The cure...tap on the side of the carb with a wrench or something and see if it clears up. Again, just a shot in the dark. Good luck...

Run it until it dies and then look at the sight glass and see whether you have the proper level of fuel in the float bowl. If there's no fuel then you have a fuel delivery issue, if fuel is at the right level then look elsewhere.

thank you guys. im wanting this sold so im trying to do the right thing and getting it back to running condition before i sell it to somebody. I already have a lot of money in this baby so im hoping its an easy fix

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom