'55 PTO shaft to trade for '40 shaft (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiser_guy

Out of Africa / North Africa
Threads
Website
join-hands-for-hope-helping-people-help-themselves.mailchimpsites.com
I have a '55 PTO drive shaft from a 3 speed truck (at least I assume that's what it's from since it's about 2-3" too short for my 4 speed) that I'd like to swap for a '40 series shaft.

I have the following parts:

- '55 shaft from the PTO takeoff to the winch head but NOT the joints at the extreme ends
- '40 series PTO bearing/stub shaft, NO joints (this is the one from the winch head that bolts under the rad.)
- custom made '55 PTO bearing mount

I need a '40 series shaft complete from PTO takeoff to winch head with the winch head joint (where the shear pin goes into), I do not need the PTO takeoff joint.

I have a '40 series shaft that I hope to get this summer so if that works out I may sell this '55 shaft later on but for now I'm looking to swap.

Anybody?

Charles, is this for a 40/45? or for the 55? I ask because of the way the mount is up front. Different between 40/45's and 55's.

Paul

Charles, is this for a 40/45? or for the 55? I ask because of the way the mount is up front. Different between 40/45's and 55's.

Paul

I have the '55 shaft, two of them actually! I need the '40/45 shaft. I'm aware of the differences.

Bump for this year! Anyone need a '55 PTO shaft and have a '40/45 shaft to trade? I don't want to have to cut up the '55 shaft to fit my FJ45LV unless necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom