50 shades of Tacoma (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Exp Essentials

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
expeditionessentials.com
Ok maybe not 50 but we have had our Tacoma for a while now, since late 2016 to be exact, it has changed/evolved a few times now. 91,000 miles later still going strong. Have now decided to drive it to the wheels fall off.

common parts still around since the beginning, the OME suspension ( sans the rear springs are now upgraded to heavy) part of the front runner roof rack albeit now drastically shortened for the camper, I think that's it except for all the orig factory stuff.

First pic, shortly after delivery, maybe early 2017 or late 2016 cant remember, I think id go back to this if I could, it was perfect

TC2.jpg

Second pic, still pretty much the same, maybe early 2017 , just throwing some dirt in the mix
TC3.jpg

Third pic, early to mid 2017, added a RTT, enjoying the truck, life was good.

TC4.jpg

4th pic, late 2017, still enjoying the truck, it likes the snow; swag tents are my favorite in the snow!

Oh looks like I have a roof rack now!

TC5.jpg

5th Pic, April ish, 2018, start of a two week trip out to AZ for EXPO and back, all backroads and camping in a different spot every night, truck evolved a little bit since the last, RTT pulled for storage and picked up a trailer for camping in.

Logo from our old startup Overland Outfitting business before we decided to re focus our attention back to making our own products again.

TC1.jpg

6th Pic- mid to late 2018, tent back on the truck, front bumper grew into an ARB and we must have officially moved into Expedition Essentials life, held onto both for a bit until a good friend decided the wanted to try his hand at our RO brand.

TC6.jpg

7th Pic, 2019 two week trip out to Expo West, 1st year as a vendor, we had dropped our cargo trailer off in Kanab and hit the trails around utah for a week, had a blast.

TC7.jpg

8th and last pic for now, 2020 happened, managed to get a few weeks in with all the shows being canceled, truck evolved a little with the full wrap (mainly because the paint is trashed now) and a canopy camper from ALU cab, this came about because I like to camp in a new spot every night when exploring, this makes setup quick and easy and not having to unpack gear is nice.

TC8.jpg

Currently we are working on a water tank install and interior buildout on the camper so there is still a few things happening; But I think this may be the final boss version of our tacoma!!! Maybe?

@Exp Essentials Good lookin’ Tacoma. What makes you wish you could go back to the way it was in the first picture? A particular mod you regret or just the overall simplicity and function at that stage?

@Exp Essentials Good lookin’ Tacoma. What makes you wish you could go back to the way it was in the first picture? A particular mod you regret or just the overall simplicity and function at that stage?
Thank you, There is something to be said about simplicity: we have a RAM 2500 now that pretty much looks like the Tacoma used to, good lift, wheels, tires and bumpers and that's it.

The Tacoma has its place now, its a pretty well equipped off road camper now but for a daily driver its a bit much.

Thank you, There is something to be said about simplicity: we have a RAM 2500 now that pretty much looks like the Tacoma used to, good lift, wheels, tires and bumpers and that's it.

The Tacoma has its place now, its a pretty well equipped off road camper now but for a daily driver its a bit much.
This is always the ultimate self debate, how far to build a daily driver. An ALU Cab or GFC would be great for a long expedition type trip, but how often does that happen? Not nearly enough when you live and work in the Midwest.

I think I’ve resigned myself to no rear swing out on my Tacoma. That seems to be the gateway point on my past builds. When you no longer have to store the spare under the truck you have no reason to not get bigger tires, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom