5.7l Oil Consumption (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiser100

Comfortably Numb
Threads
My 2011 200 seems to go through oil to the tune of ~2 quarts over 5k miles. Has anyone else experienced this? I have seen mention of it in Tundras with the same motor.

Hey, how are things! No is my answer. Don't burn or drip a drop that I notice at 138k.

Good. Have the TJM front bumper on and getting the Tough Dog suspension soon.

The 100 never burned a drop. Guess I'll have to reach out to Toyota Customer Service. Wish me luck...

stupid question but are you possibly leaking any oil? and 2 qt per 5k is well within spec for oil consumption with Toyota just so ya know

Since a quick search showed yours to be pretty much the only oil consumption thread, I'd say no one else has experienced it at that rate. You'd probably notice that much oil leaking if it was cam towers or a seal. What's the history of the engine?

My 2011 200 seems to go through oil to the tune of ~2 quarts over 5k miles. Has anyone else experienced this? I have seen mention of it in Tundras with the same motor.

My 2008 LC with 112,000 miles exhibits no such tendency...and I’ve not heard of anyone else seeing that as a normal trait. Better investigate...

Since a quick search showed yours to be pretty much the only oil consumption thread, I'd say no one else has experienced it at that rate. You'd probably notice that much oil leaking if it was cam towers or a seal. What's the history of the engine?

California vehicle purchased with 98k on it a little over a year ago. All records showed regular maint a Toyota dealership. In great shape all around, no rust, good interior...

It's at 130k now with Mobile 1 syn oil changes every 5-6k miles. Noticed the low oil on the second change; didn't check the first 'cause, you know, it's a Toyota :)

Started doing a little digging and saw complaints from Tundra owners about oil consumption on 5.7s and wanted to check here with fellow 200 owners. I too did a search on Mud and came up empty.

No leaks anywhere; nothing on the garage floor, back of the engine, etc. don't see any smoke when punching it either. Will pull the plugs next weekend to see if that turns up anything.

any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Sure it was full at the beginning of the 5k? Interesting this has come up for Tundras but not LC's.

Sure it was full at the beginning of the 5k? Interesting this has come up for Tundras but not LC's.

Yep, full, to the top dot on the stick after running the engine for a few minutes to saturate the filter then letting it sit for a few to get a solid fill level.

I did find that Toyota issued a TSB on the Tundra for in warranty repairs. They had a similar issue with a lot of their smaller gas engines between 2008 and 2012 also. Our 2009 Camry had an out of warranty TSB issued for excessive oil consumption...

I'll check those out - thanks.

2011 LX570, about 1/2 quart disappears between 5,000 mile changes. Running Mobil 1 0W-20. 107,xxx miles and oil has been religiously changed by dealer every 5,000miles to 100K, Now that it is out of warranty (extended Lexus) I am doing my own.

2013 LC with 84k. No oil consumption after 4k miles of towing in 4th gear (or if there is consumption, it's being offset by fuel and moisture in the crankcase as it was reading full).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom