5.29's 10 Spline and Ring Bolts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I ordered motive gears, month ago, too late to return. Upon taking apart my 3rds, we noticed yoke splines are either 27 or 30 on the new set. And the ring gear is not threaded for the bolts.
Does anyone know where I can get the older 10 Spline yoke with threaded Ring gear? Or am I stuck ordering a bolt kit and new flange? If I have to order a new flange wont it require a different bearing?

I think what you are saying is that you want a R&P set with a coarse spline pinion and threaded ring gear? Not gonna happen. Coarse spline is weaker and the aftermarket does not support that. All the newer diffs used a nut and bolt setup, not the bolts threaded into the ring and all the aftermarket does the same. It is what you want. You just need to buy a nut and bolt set and a flange. Anyone selling R&P set will have those.

No need to change any bearings over the flange. the flange has no impact the bearings anyway.

Mark...

I think what you are saying is that you want a R&P set with a coarse spline pinion and threaded ring gear? Not gonna happen. Coarse spline is weaker and the aftermarket does not support that. All the newer diffs used a nut and bolt setup, not the bolts threaded into the ring and all the aftermarket does the same. It is what you want. You just need to buy a nut and bolt set and a flange. Anyone selling R&P set will have those.

No need to change any bearings over the flange. the flange has no impact the bearings anyway.

Mark...
Thanks Mark. I think you interpreted my request quite well.

I have two 4:11 r&p sets. PM me and we'll see if we can work something out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom