4Runner TRD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have had a few 4Runner all were Trail premium with KDDS , I have since moved into 200 LC for the past few years , still like the 4Runner , I think the pro is over rated . I have a buddy in the market , I think he’s going new .
He is going to lift the 4Runner , just wounding those who have lifted the 5th gen is it better to go non Kdds , I know its a pain in the butt on the 200 series with tire rubbing .
I have seen a few guys install the FJ kit on the 4Runner .
Any insite to this I can pass on to my buddy would be great .

I've had 2 5th gens, both lifted, both non-KDSS. It seems like one more thing to go wrong on the trail.

I do drive 90+ miles a day, so I guess I would benefit from the KDSS....but purposely avoided it when getting both trucks.

Lots of great lifts available...Toytec, Dobisons, OME, .

I also agree the Pro is marketing shnarketing. I'm anxious to see what the next offering will be as I'm due for a new truck in 2021. If there isn't a dramatic change (6th gen) I have no idea where I'm going....

Last edited:
KDSS goes as bad as often as the Land Cruiser or GX, which is rarely unless you get rust issues.

I have a 2015 Trail Premium with KDSS and Stage 2 Icon suspension. Personally, I really like the KDSS system. Especially with a suspension system that is designed to go quicker through the rougher roads. Was it a pain to install my suspension because of the KDSS? It definitely made it more difficult, but not horrible. To me it's worth it, but that all depends on how you drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom