4Runner Rebuild Begins (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After sitting for two years, the 4runner was pulled out of the garage today and loaded onto a flatbed for transport to John's shop, where the work will commence this weekend:

To Do List:

oil change

complete rebuilds on both axles including replacing a broken birfield.

A few electrical gremlins along with clean up, tune up, and maintenance from being wheeled hard and then being left to sit for two years :D

working on a deal to buy a buggy and if that gets worked out, 4runner will be for sale.

thinking something around $3000-4000 with some spare parts, depending on what all I end up doing to it.
IMG_0779a.jpg

dont remember hitting my head any time recently, :D why do you ask?

have no idea who that is in the back of the truck. That pic is from Ralph's.

-jon

and you said I was the crazy one for selling?

you are getting out, i will replace with a buggy or keep it and fix it... :flipoff2:

Got a few things done at John's this weekend. Many thanks for letting me come hang out with the regulars and work on my junk.

cleaned out the truck, changed the oil, charged the battery (needs to be replaced), adjusted the parking brake, fixed some broken seat bolts and a few other things.

Since most of you have never seen it, this is what my truck looked like when I bought it (except for the wheels... :flipoff2:)
jonsrunner.jpg

got front and rear axle rebuild kits ordered from marlin, they should be here end of this week.

Jon you should come fix your truck it's starting to look like an obstacle to drive over :flipoff2:
P5020037.jpg

thats bad ass.... i was planning to come up yesterday and do the axle and the dumb :censor: at Marlin cant send the parts out correctly... Ordered on the 20th of April, asked for Flat Rate USPS box shipping to my post office box. Dude sends out some FEDEX Smart Post crap they are trying and doesnt tell me that until I call back to inquire about the shipment I have not received. He says we are not having good luck with that system and it could take TEN DAYS for you to receive your parts...

So on Thursday of last week, I call again, still no parts, its been ten days. He agrees to send them again FEDEX Two Day and they will go out that day. Either he cant add, doesnt know about Saturday delivery or something, because I still dont have the parts. :bang: :mad:

EDIT: What ever happened with Dave's gear noises? He needs to work on suspension next, that's pitiful :flipoff2:

EDIT2: FEDEX Finally showed up with my parts just now, scheduled for overnight delivery on friday afternoon but the guy apparently missed the deadline for that on TH and didnt pay for SAT delivery, so you get Monday by 430pm instead :D

oh well, they are here now, so next time you guys are up at the shop, lemme know and I will come up and do the axles.

thanks

jon

Last edited:
Another day of work at John's shop lets me turn right and left now.
birf2.jpg
birf1.jpg

just need to get a new battery and do a couple more small things and she will be back on the trail....

Thanks to John, Ted and Dave for shop, assistance and bbq.

I've got some more of those if you're looking for spares.

stockers. If you need them you can have them. Just give me a ring next time you're at Josh/John's to see if I'm home.

Damm that looks like some of my destruction!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom