4l60e (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

With the use of adapters...10 spline, 16 spline and 19 spline Land Cruiser transfer cases....and a plethora of non-Land Cruiser cases....

:beer:

Good luck!

-Steve

Frank,
You did this trans in your fj 40? Did you have problems with it being to long?

Right now it seems that my only problem is the length of the trans and the amount of room in the engine compartment after trans pushes the engine forward.

I would love to hear more of your install.

To run the 4l60e you must have a computer. That transmission is computer controlled for shifting.

Jack, yes it does make for a short driveshaft, especially if you want to run a stock chevy fan. I put my motor right where the AA manual said to and then I flipped my rear springs. If I had it to do over I probably would have moved the engine forward and gone with electric fans. Even with the axle moved back 4 inches from the spring flip my rear driveline is 19 1/2 inches from flange to flange. I had Tom Woods buiild me a driveshaft with a double CV and it has worked fine for about five years now. The only problem I have had with it is breaking pinions and both times it was due to anti-wrap bar failure. (I'm SOA) This tranny does give some nice low end torque, I run the stock transfer case and axles with 38.5 x 15.5 tires. Here are a couple of pics but I don't know if they really show you anything
Good luck, Alan
DSC00267.JPG
DSC00327.JPG

Alan,

Thanks for the pictures they are giving me hope. Do you have an idea how long the driveshaft ended up being? I am planning on not doing and SOA and wonder if without some of the mods you did if it would work.

I think I am just going to decided to and figure it out as I go.

Jack

Jack, yes it does make for a short driveshaft, especially if you want to run a stock chevy fan. I put my motor right where the AA manual said to and then I flipped my rear springs. If I had it to do over I probably would have moved the engine forward and gone with electric fans. Even with the axle moved back 4 inches from the spring flip my rear driveline is 19 1/2 inches from flange to flange. I had Tom Woods buiild me a driveshaft with a double CV and it has worked fine for about five years now. The only problem I have had with it is breaking pinions and both times it was due to anti-wrap bar failure. (I'm SOA) This tranny does give some nice low end torque, I run the stock transfer case and axles with 38.5 x 15.5 tires. Here are a couple of pics but I don't know if they really show you anything
Good luck, Alan
View attachment 60048View attachment 60049
Hi Franky40, that set up on power train was 350 carbed mated to a 700R4 tranny? Thanks in advance

That IS a 700R4. Manual throttle valve cable and absence of computer connection on the right side give it away. Motor is carbureted SBC.

Rear drive shaft length hope on the way, I scored one of my original 1" thick adapters, and I have the matching shaft on the way, so first come first served as soon as I have it complete, will fit TH350, 700R4, or 4L60E. tranny that has short 4WD output shaft- - -easy deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom