? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Re:tires and springs

Welcome to the board, don't worry about Junk, he's always like that, in fact he seems in a good mood today.

37" tires is a major project. I would start at Slee Off road's site and review their article on runing 35" tires. I am sure if you took your truck to Slee they could get 37" tires to work, but the price would not be cheap.

Cary

Read the guide on Christo's site about 35's. If you STILL want to go to 37's, then you'll have a good idea it will take a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to do it RIGHT.

Not too many people find a need to go over 35's and still run some pretty hardcore stuff. :flipoff2:

Hooligan,
There are a lot of things you will have to change. Here is a friend's truck that is running MT/R 37 tyres on 17" wheels. At the time of this picture it had 5" lift and virtually no compression; just axle droop. He was waiting on 8+" springs but I haven't seen the truck since this pic.

MTR%2037s%20%20on%2017in%20wheels.jpeg

-B-

Junk,
I'll give you his name and contact info off list if you're interested. He's a friend that lives in town but he's not in our local club and he doesn't check this board. He is on the 80s international list.

It is a very nicely rigged truck. I'm trying to get him to build me a rack like that one. It's all aluminum and he made it himself. Unfortunately he doesn't have access to the equipment but he offered to make me one if I can get access (rent?) the right welder and a tubing bender.

He had J-springs on before the 5" springs in this picture. He wasn't happy with the 5's so he had some 8's custom made. I bought his J-springs and was picking them up when I took the picture.

MTR%2037s%20%20on%2017in%20wheels%20-%202.jpeg

-B-

He's gotta lose the clear corner lamps though and get a front bumper. :flipoff2: :D

This weeks project is bending up a ladder for one of the rear swingarms. .... if I get enough time off the new job (lol - some ijut is paying me to weld :eek: :D ). Guess there IS a sucker born every day. ;)

Christo ran 37' Swampers on the school bus, and Pat takash runs 37 MTR's on his 80 as well, or he did when we wheeled in Arizona last?

Some form of bumpstop adjustment or body lift, or circumsizing the fenders would be needed to stop them hitting though.

BEcause if your tyres dont rub, it means you can fit bigger ones. :D

[quote author=the shed guy link=board=2;threadid=4990;start=msg38865#msg38865 date=1063008839]
BEcause if your tyres dont rub, it means you can fit bigger ones. :D[/quote]
.... and what's on your current car daz? 29's? :flipoff2:

What wheels is running on that? The 17"/37" MRT set-up is what I am going to run also and I am having trouble finding 17" wheels with the correct back-spacing...

[quote author=Junk link=board=2;threadid=4990;start=msg38872#msg38872 date=1063019081]
.... and what's on your current car daz? 29's? :flipoff2:
[/quote]

Well if you could read, you would see my sig has the tyre size listed, but if you want to go measure the clearance tou your diff housings at the lowest point with your 36" swampers on, Ill let you know if it has as much as the KZJ95 with 285's :p :flipoff2:

[quote author=ovrroks link=board=2;threadid=4990;start=msg38956#msg38956 date=1063036856]
What wheels is running on that? The 17"/37" MRT set-up is what I am going to run also and I am having trouble finding 17" wheels with the correct back-spacing...
[/quote]

tried these???

http://www.walkerevansracing.com/wheels.html

WOW..that is a sweet rig. :D

Hey B,
Do you know where your buddy got his clear TURN SIGNAL lens'? I have the clear coners..but, i would like to add the clear turn signals also.

thx,
-Joe-

Rick,
Custom springs from somewhere in CO.

Joe,
I'll have to ask him where he got the lenses but, as I recall, he got them from Japan.

ovrroks,
He told me the brand of wheels but I forgot. I'll have to ask again.

-B-

Doesnt Christo have 5" lift springs now for 80's?????

[quote author=the shed guy link=board=2;threadid=4990;start=msg39099#msg39099 date=1063060651]
tried these???

http://www.walkerevansracing.com/wheels.html
[/quote]

I'd LOVE a set of the Walker rims, But I'm getting married in 12 days (Sept. 20) and need to watch the cash $$$$$

We are going to Canada (Banff/Lake Louise area) for the honeymoon, maybe I can talk her into driving a DIESEL back across the border. :D

Thanks Beowulf, they look like they may be American Racing... If you look closely it looks like the "AR" logo on the center caps...

you guys want diseasels because you cant get them, the 4.5 in the later, and 100 here go harder than any of the toyota diseasels, even the 1hdfte....

And if you put a turbo and intercooler on the 4.5...no comparison, and economy improves.

[quote author=ovrroks link=board=2;threadid=4990;start=msg39273#msg39273 date=1063085831]
I'd LOVE a set of the Walker rims, But I'm getting married in 12 days (Sept. 20) and need to watch the cash $$$$$

[/quote]

You have it backwards, you should spend the cash now because it is the last time you will ever have any in your life. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Cary- A married guy.

Oh, and when you think that your wife taps you out, wait until kids come along. Mine is not even born yet and is costing a freekin fortune.

Good luck at the wedding and have a great honeymoon. My suggestion is to have ONE OR TWO drinks before the ceremony. DO NOT HAVE MORE THAN THIS. The drinks will help take the edge off the stress (i.e. if you screw up, she will be very dissappointed) but will not be enought for you to do something stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom