460 Luxury Lift: KDSS/Air Compressor/AFS Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Installing the Ironman FCP lift tomorrow on my 2016 GX460 Luxury with driver support/afs. I've done a similar install on my 2006 GX470 but it didn't have kdss/fancy headlights and pulling fuses worked great.

1. The ironman install video has you lift the truck, turn the KDSS valves 2 full turns, install lift, reinstall wheels, put truck on the ground and then retighten the KDSS valves 2 turns. Does this sound correct? Does it matter how level the surface is when you drop the truck back down? My garage is pretty small but super level so I was considering doing the install in my driveway which has a slight slope front to back (couple inches).

2. As I understand it, I shouldn't pull any fuses. Does this also sound correct?

3. I should add a stack of 5ish washers under the ride height sensor (both sensors or just the left or right?) for the headlights and also readjust using the screws on the headlights themselves.

4. To disable the air compressor leave the solenoid attached/plugged in but the actual compressor can be removed? I don't want it to run all the time when I hook up my trailer or load the back up.

Thanks for the help/clarifications. If there are any other tricky bits or words of wisdom related to the quirks of this trim please share!

Last edited:
For what it's worth, I would not remove any fuses. Usually fuses are "bundled" with a bunch of other electrical items of the same amperage and type. Pulling a fuse will probably cause other lights to come on your dash or disable something you need.
Just my 2 cents.

#1: IMO I would try to do as level as possible to avoid any potential lean issues

#2: Correct... no fuse or relay pulling

#3: Washers and adjust as needed seems to be the working solution to still allow headlight auto-leveling, not blinding other drivers and no errors

#4: Correct.. if you keep the electrical attached without compressor motor ....reportedly this is a working solution and doesn't cause errors either as long as the height adjustors are still connected as well

Reactions: r2m
Member here did it with washers but looks like they have been on for a few months.

Post #32

I put mine on the lift, turned the KDSS valves two full turns, installed the lift and then turned the KDSS valves back two turns before I lowered it. I have zero lean and everything appears to be normal.

Good news is that with the ironman coilovers and rear coil conversion I have height adjustment at all 4 corners.

Well lift install went fine, no lean, and no lights. Need to adjust the headlights and will play with the compressor at a later date.

Need to adjust headlights? Didn't your lift bring everything up evenly?

Well lift install went fine, no lean, and no lights. Need to adjust the headlights and will play with the compressor at a later date.
Did you close the KDSS valves before or after you brought the vehicle down from the lift?

Curious why you adjusted before lowering? I looked at the Ironman4x4 video and they adjusted when back on ground. Does that make a difference?

Curious why you adjusted before lowering? I looked at the Ironman4x4 video and they adjusted when back on ground. Does that make a difference?
Whoops. I followed the video and my memory must be fuzzy (day after vaccine). Guess I must have done it after.

#1: IMO I would try to do as level as possible to avoid any potential lean issues

#2: Correct... no fuse or relay pulling

#3: Washers and adjust as needed seems to be the working solution to still allow headlight auto-leveling, not blinding other drivers and no errors

#4: Correct.. if you keep the electrical attached without compressor motor ....reportedly this is a working solution and doesn't cause errors either as long as the height adjustors are still connected as well
#3 - Do I need to add spacers to both sides? (for raising headlights)

Last edited:
so to confirm did you only do the 2 turns of kdss and add the 5 washers to each bolt?

also how much lift did you go with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom