406 Cruisers Joins Forces... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi gang

A couple of months ago, we were approached by the marketing director of Ressler Motors about a unique opportunity. Gallatin Valley Mall is launching their "Adventure Starts Now" campaign, where there will be adventure themed displays in the mall. GVM and Ressler would like for us to provide our vehicles, to be the main component of these displays. We will have vehicles set up in front of Macy's, on the wood floor. They will be creating a background to accompany this theme as well. It should be pretty cool.

This will be a long commitment of about 6 months. We won't need to fill the spot with our trucks the whole time, but as much as possible. The trucks need to be left for a minimum of 1 week, and a maximum of 2 weeks. We can rotate trucks that were already in, back in, we just want to space it out by a few trucks. The one drawback to this opportunity, is there will be no coverage for damage. Any damage incurred, will be the vehicle owners expense or insurance. With that being said, Ressler has had countless vehicles staged in the mall over the years, and have never had any damage incurred. You would also have the opportunity to request the red ropes to be set up around your truck. Our club importer will still be bringing his $30,000 Japanese imports down. My truck goes in tonight.

We are also looking at some returns in this endeavor. We would like to attract new members. We will be selling t-shirts and stickers at the mall concession. For 6 Months, our merchandise will be put on displays, and sold, by the mall. This could be really good for us. We will have the opportunity to set up a table and talk about land use issues. Trail clean up missions. Really good things. We might even inspire some younger folks to get into cool Toyota's. With any luck, we'll make a jeep guy or two feel inferior. The mall charges for the spot we are getting $250 per week. We get it for free for 6 months.

The long vision, is that this will strengthen our relationship with Ressler. Who do you think we will be asking for sponsorship money from when the time comes to put on a TLCA event in Montana?

I'm asking for all people willing to put their truck on display for a week or two, to let it be known! We need you, 406 Cruisers!

Thanks

TC

I could part with my rig for a week or so now. Then when I get a new front bumper and drawers in back I can put it back on display. My rig does leak some oil and rear diff gear oil.

I might be able to. Starting on a lift soon and tire swing out so not sure when I won't be working on it yet.

Awesome guys! Thanks. Any leaks will need to have a drip pan, so as not to damage the wood floor. We do need to have the vehicles washed, also. I'm working on getting a schedule put together, so that people can sign-up for dates that are convenient for them. Mine will be there until next week. Then, a diesel import goes in for two weeks. The next vehicle would be needed on June 22nd or 23rd for a week or two, whatever you are comfortable with.

I have some work to get done on my 62 (to sell it), but I might be able to have it available later in the summer or in the fall.

Fantastic! I'm working on a sign up sheet. I'll keep everybody posted.

We need a vehicle for the mall starting Friday, July 22nd. we'll need to have it there for 1-2 weeks. Any takers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom