40 I found (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

$1,500 on parts is on the conservative side, but it is possible. To stay under that, you'll have to be laser focused on ONLY doing what has to be done to get it driveable. It's the "might-as-wells" that kill the budget. For example, that truck has a single circuit brake master cylinder and hard to find 9mm brake fittings. It is not an ideal setup. If you end up trying to change the brakes to a dual circuit and if you wring off a rusty brake fitting, you'll spend more. Same with things like the gas tank. If it is crusty and leaking, you'll spend $300 on a repair or $500 on another tank. Head gasket? Who knows? There are folks who are specifically looking for these early trucks (not me, thank God). As folks have said, buy it cheap and either sit on it or put just the bare minimum into it and see how it goes. If it gets outside of your comfort zone, sell it.

I was originally planning on spending upwards of 5-6k getting it ready so I’m not too worried if I go over 1500 getting some important stuff done.

So new plan. buy it, get it running and driving, preserve the Patina. Once you have it all sorted and running, sell or trade it for the 60 that you want.

40 stupid is >>> than 60 stupid currently, so you should be able to make that happen.

definitely possible. If I get it in good order and still would rather have a 60 that might be the route I go. I’d imagine once I get this thing running I might end up liking it more

Remote HAMON. Record. Get him up in running in 1 weekend. 😎

As with all well planned budgets ... double it.

If you are in and driving steering stopping for 4 grand = win. Fix the rest in time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom