Wanted 4 Speed and Bellhousing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TJT

Threads
I am doing a 4 speed/2F conversion on my 1972 FJ40 (F+3 speed) using a 1987 2F which I am currently rebuilding. I am looking for a 4 speed and bellhousing that will work. I plan on using my 3 speed transfer case with adapter. I am located in central Florida.

You actually need an FJ40 specific 2F bellhousing with the mounting ears on the side-I think 75-79.

You also need the FJ40 specific version of the H42 4 speed with the 16 spline output and the correct top plate.

Just a head's up that not all 2F bellhousings and 4 speeds are the same.

You can make others work, but it's a lot more work.

I have a 74 4speed with an early case with bell housing for the F.5 motor. I also have a 2f bellhousing from a 1978 fj40

You actually need an FJ40 specific 2F bellhousing with the mounting ears on the side-I think 75-79.

You also need the FJ40 specific version of the H42 4 speed with the 16 spline output and the correct top plate.

Just a head's up that not all 2F bellhousings and 4 speeds are the same.

You can make others work, but it's a lot more work.
thanks very much for the info! Much appreciated!

Just a heads up, I would get a picture of the output splines on the transmission. The spot where the the T case input gear rides are know to wear. Not sure I've ever heard of a worn one failing but it will clunk every time you push the gas pedal and release it.

I have a 4 speed out of a 1987 sitting in my garage. It was a replacement into my 60 by ClassicCruisers in Colorado. I pulled it for an LS conversion

I have a 74 4speed with an early case with bell housing for the F.5 motor. I also have a 2f bellhousing from a 1978 fj40

This is probably your best deal. I have these parts too, but I have a retail operation with real overhead.

Best

Mark

www.marksoffroad.net

I can't imagine all the goodies you have tucked away or imagine the storage needs/costs associated with that kind of inventory Mark.
I just hope to visit your shop someday:)

ive got a 4sp with a ranger 3 od unit and the bellhousing with centerforce clutch and flywheel im looking to sell im in greenville south carolina text me 8644010322 anytime asking $1000 for it all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom