Builds 4 door FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

that on an 80 series would be wicked...
<dreamer: "cheap LHD diesel 80 series">

that on an 80 series would be wicked...
<dreamer: "cheap LHD diesel 80 series">

"cheap" is relative.... how much are we talking about?... where would one source one of these? (price aside)

I think this came out of TLC. It was in Bakersfield in '08.

100_2106.jpg

I've got my 80 drivetrain and chassis ready....but haven't heard back from Aqualu on anyone that has purchased the crewcab 40 body.

I emailed them asking for referrals....and they haven't replied. Also asked them for a spec-sheet on dimensions, and they haven't gotten around to it. Dominique there took some photos for me, but they're just like the stock ones shown on their website.

I'm thinking I'll custom-build the body out of steel....you can weld on it so much easier than aluminum.

Anyone on here actually purchase the Aqualu Crew-Cab 40 body?? Would really like to see some photos of a project in progress or even some completed jobs!

Ok....the ICON FJ44 is badass!! Too bad they don't give dimensions for the wheelbase on it. Aqualu shows a 120" wheelbase for the crewcab....that's
Monster wheelbase!

I'm currently planning the same type of build and have sourced quite a few parts for this project. I will start El Conquistador 4-door fj45 w/a short bed later today along w/some pics of what all I've done so far. I agree w/D'Animal on the fj60 frame. If you look at D'Animal's build you can gather a lot of info as he is a beast when it comes to his fabrication skills!! Good luck and keep us posted. I will do the same.

This is something I have been considering as well. But in my area a 80 series is to wide and a troopy has two much overhang and the first dip/ rock etc would leave it hanging high and dry.
I would consider using the 40 chassis and box it and use sliders to stiffen along with internal tucked away cage. A smooth belly to slide over some obstructions with increased wheel base. Increasing the wheelbase would also allow many choices in drive train components.

That rendering is the best I have ever seen, really like how the departure angles are awsome...

X2 on the design. By cutting the rear doors at an angel makes a big difference I think. Profitts made up a 44 that was truly between a 43 and a 45, but only 2 door, but it could of been a nice length to work with for adding extra doors.

You can top the Icon I feel. Good luck can't wait to see the finished product.

just the doors missing...a czech 80 series based built.

Think how many of these Toyota could sell in the US... a Toyota version of the Rubicon Unlimited based on the FZJ80... yeesh. With optional clean diesel... and it would need 4 doors but that's no big deal for Toyota...

Think how many of these Toyota could sell in the US... a Toyota version of the Rubicon Unlimited based on the FZJ80... yeesh. With optional clean diesel... and it would need 4 doors but that's no big deal for Toyota...

There are many a toyota fanatics and diesel nuts that I would think they would sell gobs of these four doors.

I have only ever purchased one vehicle from new and if Toyota would sell this type of rig........ yes I would buy it right now...:popcorn::popcorn:

rob

I don´t think Toyota could sell a new car with the old J4 body because of the stronger regulations to protect pedestrians nowadays

Is it really that much different than the FJ Cruiser? I would think Toyota could make some relatively minor modifications to the J4 format to make it work...

Now drop in a tundra rear axle shortened and make the front out of the rear with heavey duty outers:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom