Builds 4 door FJ40 (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The 2D drawing looks way cool. If it were build I would think it would be for an expedition type rig.

All 4 door rigs I have seen regularly on the more difficult trails have a problem with the back door opening up when the body is flexing. This is after years of wheeling though. The Jeep Cherokee and the Ford Centurian come to mind. I have never seen a 4 door LC (FJ60, FJ80) rear doors pop open. I would look at those to see how they are structurally built.

Here are some more I found
652.jpg
chop404.jpg
user28632_pic3877_1227285810.jpg

Any one have some imfo on the white one Rolohobo posted or the olive brown one,trying to figure out if those are BJ44 chssis or a Troopy chassis,the white one looks to short for a Troopy

I have been planning a frankenstien build for a couple of years now. I would like to extend my Fj40 and make it into a 4 door. I know there are a few who have already done this. I saw a picture of one a couple of years ago. Im looking for any pictures that might help me visualize what my project might look like. please post if you have or know of one. Thanks.

Do you have any more pictures of the red four door landcruiser? That is a really nice truck! :bounce:

I am working on an expedition trailer built from 2 FJ40 tubs right now. There is a thread on it in the trailer section. I am new at fabricating so I thought the trailer would be a good project to learn on. I want to finish that project before I move on to the 4 door.

So where Im at now, I have 2 sets of door frames, 2 doors, and 2 chassis. I will need to aquire at least one more complete truck before I can start the 4 door project. I will defenitely give you a play by play as I build it.

it has the special, high clearance diffs with it as well ;)

bk

That is pretty cool. The one I designed would have a bit shorter wheel base but that is pretty much the idea.

Aquala Crew Cab

My jaw just hit the desk. If that "easily" fits on an FZJ80 frame I might just have seen my dream cruiser!

I have a BJ40 and I would love to make it into the 4 door. Aquala tub is designed for about a 120" wheel base which means I have to add about 30" to my mid frame? This is the hardcore section so do you think that is do able or just too much???

If it were me, I would start with an FJ 60 or FJ62 frame and lengthen as needed. The frames are stonger to start with.

I have a BJ40 and I would love to make it into the 4 door. Aquala tub is designed for about a 120" wheel base which means I have to add about 30" to my mid frame? This is the hardcore section so do you think that is do able or just too much???

That Aqualu is bad @**! Too bad they can't fix the hood on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom