Builds 4 door FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What a craftsman! That is going to be one sweet ride. I could not imagine the cost to do that kind of work up here. I love the modified dash pad. Very cool.

What a craftsman! That is going to be one sweet ride. I could not imagine the cost to do that kind of work up here. I love the modified dash pad. Very cool.

goneloco, here this body cost R$ 9000,00 or US$ 4591.83 more transportation, taxes... The manufacture site is FiberCar
in "fotos" is many fiberglass Bandis!

photoshopped 4door

those buildups look amazing!

I know it's an older thread, but I had a few minutes to fool around in photoshop for the earlier request...
FJ40-2door.jpg
FJ40-4door.jpg

those buildups look amazing!

I know it's an older thread, but I had a few minutes to fool around in photoshop for the earlier request...

Looks cool but I think the rear door window needs to be made a little smaller so it sits in teh door rather than going fwd over the base (if that makes sense).

I am looking at doing this to my current 40 ATM.

I have still been thinking about the project. In fact, I cut up a 78 that I parted out and was very carefull to save the door frames to use. I still have the rolling chassis too.

No probs there is a build thread in here

I like that you shortened the top and that you angled the rear door. Were you not able to preserve the radius corners of the rear door? Can you post some more pictures on this thread? I'm saving parts right now tho do a similar build.

Cheers Volcanic, more pics the better.

The pics of my truck are what you would call mock ups. You see I am more of a visual person so I grabbed a door and ran a saw through it to see what it would look like.

The real ones will have the original 40 series hinges and bottom radius graphed onto them and then will have a custom lower section. My current plan is to use a 40 series door front wind down window without the 1/4 glass section.

Looking real good SteelArt!!

If it were me, I would start with an FJ 60 or FJ62 frame and lengthen as needed. The frames are stonger to start with.

I would LOVE to put this Aqualu 4 door tub on an 80 chassis. Swap (or source) a 5 speed manual and maybe a diesel..

ok FINE... where do I source a trashed bodied (read: cheap) left hand drive, 5 speed diesel 80 series...?

I want to build the Toyota that Toyota didn't make (for the US anyway): the "Land Cruiser Unlimited Rubicon" (pardon the reference to that Chrysler product)

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom